Posted to alt.food.wine

Default A few Loire Chenins

La Grange aux Belles "Fragile" 2008 (Anjou) (13,00 euros in shop): honey,
wax, very dry in the mouth with interesting sour notes. Initially a bit
metallic in the aftertaste but it cleaned up with honey. 89.

Domaine Huet "Clos du Bourg" Sec 2007 (Vouvray) (14,00 euros in the
boutique at the domaine): great intensity, pierre de fusil, lots of
minerality. A great wine and very happy to have a case. 94.

François Chidaine "Les Choisilles" 2004 (Montlouis) (15,00 euros in shop):
rounder that the Huet (three years younger also), with very good balance,
but perhaps a little les character. 93.

Clos de la Royauté 2007 (Savennières) (10,00 euros in the shop at the
domaine): a bit reduced initially, I thought it was a good wine in the
Savennières style, with that austerity that you usually find in young
Savennières. 89-90.

La Tour Grise 2007 (Saumur) (12,40 euros in shop): very intense in the
nose, and very serious in the mouth, with a vertical dimension around a
wild acidity. I liked it more than others. 91.

Lenoir Les Roches 2004 (Chinon) (19,90 euros in shop): Very-very reduced,
with plenty of dirty notes and not showing for more than 2 hours. Perhaps
with 20 years, this ultra-traditional Chinon blanc would be a great wine,
but certainly is not showing much now.

s.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 18, 3:02�pm, santiago > wrote:
> La Grange aux Belles "Fragile" 2008 (Anjou) (13,00 euros in shop): honey,
> wax, very dry in the mouth with interesting sour notes. Initially a bit
> metallic in the aftertaste but it cleaned up with honey. 89.
>
> Domaine Huet "Clos du Bourg" Sec 2007 (Vouvray) (14,00 euros in the
> boutique at the domaine): great intensity, pierre de fusil, lots of
> minerality. A great wine and very happy to have a case. 94.
>
> Fran�ois Chidaine "Les Choisilles" 2004 (Montlouis) (15,00 euros in shop):
> rounder that the Huet (three years younger also), with very good balance,
> but perhaps a little les character. 93.
>
> Clos de la Royaut� 2007 (Savenni�res) (10,00 euros in the shop at the
> domaine): a bit reduced initially, I thought it was a good wine in the
> Savenni�res style, with that austerity that you usually find in young
> Savenni�res. 89-90.
>
> La Tour Grise 2007 (Saumur) (12,40 euros in shop): very intense in the
> nose, and very serious in the mouth, with a vertical dimension around a
> wild acidity. I liked it more than others. 91.
>
> Lenoir Les Roches 2004 (Chinon) (19,90 euros in shop): Very-very reduced,
> with plenty of dirty notes and not showing for more than 2 hours. Perhaps
> with 20 years, this ultra-traditional Chinon blanc would be a great wine,
> but certainly is not showing much now.
>
> s.

Help! My French isn't what it used to be. Is "pierre de fusil"
gunmetal, gunpowder, or flint?
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Bi!!" > wrote in
:

> Help! My French isn't what it used to be. Is "pierre de fusil"
> gunmetal, gunpowder, or flint?

Flint, and actually in french is "pierre à fusil". I always have problems
with "de" and "à" in french

s.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 18, 3:02*pm, santiago > wrote:
> La Grange aux Belles "Fragile" 2008 (Anjou) (13,00 euros in shop): honey,
> wax, very dry in the mouth with interesting sour notes. Initially a bit
> metallic in the aftertaste but it cleaned up with honey. 89.
>
> Domaine Huet "Clos du Bourg" Sec 2007 (Vouvray) (14,00 euros in the
> boutique at the domaine): great intensity, pierre de fusil, lots of
> minerality. A great wine and very happy to have a case. 94.
>
> François Chidaine "Les Choisilles" 2004 (Montlouis) (15,00 euros in shop):
> rounder that the Huet (three years younger also), with very good balance,
> but perhaps a little les character. 93.
>
> Clos de la Royauté 2007 (Savennières) (10,00 euros in the shop at the
> domaine): a bit reduced initially, I thought it was a good wine in the
> Savennières style, with that austerity that you usually find in young
> Savennières. 89-90.
>
> La Tour Grise 2007 (Saumur) (12,40 euros in shop): very intense in the
> nose, and very serious in the mouth, with a vertical dimension around a
> wild acidity. I liked it more than others. 91.
>
> Lenoir Les Roches 2004 (Chinon) (19,90 euros in shop): Very-very reduced,
> with plenty of dirty notes and not showing for more than 2 hours. Perhaps
> with 20 years, this ultra-traditional Chinon blanc would be a great wine,
> but certainly is not showing much now.
>
> s.

Nice notes. Is the "fragile" a no -sulphur wine or something?
Huet sounds great! I like Chidaine, but have never seen that bottling
Posted to alt.food.wine

Dale wrote:

> Nice notes. Is the "fragile" a no -sulphur wine or something?

Might be! Problem is that I cannot check because I left the bottle at the
restaurant that hosted us for the tasting and there is not much information
on it.

> Huet sounds great! I like Chidaine, but have never seen that bottling

Huet is amazing. I have visited three times and the wines are always at a
very high level. And they age.

Chidaine, it is interesting that you do not know of "Les Choisilles"
because I never met another bottle of Chidaine save it.

s.

TN: Loire, RRV, Chablis, etc DaleW Wine 0 26-05-2015 08:17 PM
WTN: Burgundy, Loire, Champagne, Saar, Sicily, Loire, SLO DaleW Wine 7 09-10-2013 02:47 PM
TN Loire reds JT Wine 2 15-01-2009 04:19 PM
TN: cheap NZ and Loire DaleW Wine 14 17-04-2008 09:36 PM
TN: Excellent Loire red DaleW Wine 0 27-09-2006 03:43 PM