Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Cal Chards, Burg and Bordeaux

This time of year I spend ost of my time at my farm so we invited a
few hunting buddies and their wives for the weekend. Dinner was
prepped by all. Started with a light seafood soup with Bay scallops,
shrmp and Cod. I opened a 2007 Hanzell Sonoma Chardonnay. Nicely
balanced, good ripe fruit with nice minerality. A bit of honeysuckle
on the nose with clean citrus and stones on the palate. I bought this
wine at a deep discount for $38. A solid "B"

With wild mushroom risotto garnished with duck confit I opened a 2004
Perrot Minot Chambertin VV. Nice nose of blueberry and spicebox.
Plenty of black cherry on the palate and not over extracted. No green
meanies and fairly plush tannins. Needs a few more years to come
together. "B+"

WIth grilled espresso dusted beef tenderloin with I opened a 2000
Chateau Pavie. Deep and plush showing it's right bank roots and new
age maker. Very rich, ripe black fruits, blackberry, blueberry,
cassis and black coffee. A hint of sage. "A"

TN: Surprise dinner with Bordeaux, plus Rieslings, Italians, Burg,Loire DaleW Wine 5 11-10-2016 04:05 PM
TN: Bordeaux, plus Burg, CA, Loire, and Sherry at Wine Media Guild DaleW Wine 1 07-06-2012 03:08 PM
TN: Chards, SB, West Coast reds in GA, Burg and Mosel in NY DaleW Wine 0 25-08-2010 02:21 AM
2 Chards Bi!! Wine 2 12-01-2010 09:28 PM
Old Chards Bill Spohn Wine 8 23-12-2003 07:55 AM