FoodBanter.com

-   -   Cal Chards, Burg and Bordeaux (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/178966-cal-chards-burg-bordeaux.html)

Bi!! 16-11-2009 02:34 PM

Cal Chards, Burg and Bordeaux

This time of year I spend ost of my time at my farm so we invited a
few hunting buddies and their wives for the weekend. Dinner was
prepped by all. Started with a light seafood soup with Bay scallops,
shrmp and Cod. I opened a 2007 Hanzell Sonoma Chardonnay. Nicely
balanced, good ripe fruit with nice minerality. A bit of honeysuckle
on the nose with clean citrus and stones on the palate. I bought this
wine at a deep discount for $38. A solid "B"

With wild mushroom risotto garnished with duck confit I opened a 2004
Perrot Minot Chambertin VV. Nice nose of blueberry and spicebox.
Plenty of black cherry on the palate and not over extracted. No green
meanies and fairly plush tannins. Needs a few more years to come
together. "B+"

WIth grilled espresso dusted beef tenderloin with I opened a 2000
Chateau Pavie. Deep and plush showing it's right bank roots and new
age maker. Very rich, ripe black fruits, blackberry, blueberry,
cassis and black coffee. A hint of sage. "A"