Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Three good honest wines, $11-$22

Monday Betsy made a wonderful fall dish, a lamb and cabbage casserole
from a recipe by Jenise from WLDG, along with a side of kale/spinach
(last of our garden). While casserole was in oven, she requested an
apertif wine, I rejected an already opened Meursault that tasted hot,
and opened the 2007 Donnhoff Oberhauser Leistenberg Kabinett. Lovely,
light,and dependable, apples and limey citrus, clean clean mineral
notes on finish. Pretty pretty wine. B+/A-

For the casserole, I was thinking Rhone, but the handiest thing was
the 2006 Peybonhomme les Tours (1er Cotes du Blaye), a solid old
fashioned honest little Bordeaux. Black plums and cherries, a little
cedar and earth, not big, but straightforward and fun. Good value
($11 or so) B

Tuesday was roast chicken, cress salad, and leftover carrots and
parsnips, I went to Beaujolais, the 2007 Vissoux/Chermette "Cuvee
Traditionelle" Beaujolais VV. Classic and lovely, light bodied but
with some depth, red berries, what I look for in Gamay. B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**

TN: a few good wines, more that aren't so good, 1962-2011 DaleW Wine 1 31-07-2012 03:36 PM
TN 2 good meals, 3 good wines (ESJ, Donabaum, Schaefer) DaleW Wine 5 08-09-2007 02:23 AM
TN: 4 good QPR wines DaleW Wine 5 04-11-2005 03:31 PM
TN: Ballet and nebbiolo, good QPR whites, bad wines for a good cause (IMHO) Dale Williams Wine 11 20-07-2004 07:57 PM
Which of these wines are still good? shelston Wine 1 11-11-2003 07:14 PM