FoodBanter.com

-   -   Parker takes the ultimate crack pipe (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/177925-parker-takes-ultimate-crack.html)

[email protected] 16-10-2009 03:31 AM

Parker takes the ultimate crack pipe

This just in, via Premier Cru's newsletter:

"From Robert Parker's website, an update on the tremendous quality of
the 2007 vintage in Southern Rhone. In his inaugural e-newsletter he
notes that 2007 Southern Rhone is the greatest vintage ever in ANY
viticultural area!!! The vintage of a lifetime!!!"

You hear that, everyone? Let me shout it out for you, in case Parker's
drug-induced slurring isn't intelligible enough:

"2007 SOUTHERN RHONE IS THE GREATEST VINTAGE EVER IN ANY VITICULTURAL
AREA!!! THE VINTAGE OF A LIFETIME."

Good to know. I'll drink up a bunch of 2007's, then think about dying.
I mean, why go on?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Vintages of the Century.

JJ

Mark Lipton[_1_] 16-10-2009 05:52 AM

wrote:
> This just in, via Premier Cru's newsletter:
>
> "From Robert Parker's website, an update on the tremendous quality of
> the 2007 vintage in Southern Rhone. In his inaugural e-newsletter he
> notes that 2007 Southern Rhone is the greatest vintage ever in ANY
> viticultural area!!! The vintage of a lifetime!!!"
>
> You hear that, everyone? Let me shout it out for you, in case Parker's
> drug-induced slurring isn't intelligible enough:
>
> "2007 SOUTHERN RHONE IS THE GREATEST VINTAGE EVER IN ANY VITICULTURAL
> AREA!!! THE VINTAGE OF A LIFETIME."
>
> Good to know. I'll drink up a bunch of 2007's, then think about dying.
> I mean, why go on?
>
> We now return you to your regularly scheduled Vintages of the Century.

Yeah, the hype has been pretty unrelenting. Still, '07 is one of my
favorite vintages in a lot of different wine regions, so perhaps the S.
Rhone will be included (if I can afford to try it). What is humorous in
all this is that Parker was also very high on '05 there, followed by
raving about '06 ("better than '05") and then this. And didn't he
recently go ape-shit over '08? I forget now, as it's all blurring together.

Mark Lipton

--
alt.food.wine FAQ:
http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] 16-10-2009 09:57 AM

Parker takes the ultimate crack pipe

I find his farting dog his most redeeming feature (vide "Mondovino"). I
mean, one of the most high-octane noses of the world and he has an ugly
smelly dog.

Then, I am to look on life from the light side, dontcher know.

Cheers

Nils

Bill S. 16-10-2009 02:46 PM

Parker takes the ultimate crack pipe

On Oct 16, 1:57*am, "Nils Gustaf Lindgren"
> wrote:
> I find his farting dog his most redeeming feature (vide "Mondovino"). I
> mean, one of the most high-octane noses of the world and he has an ugly
> smelly dog.

Well at least when he uses 'wet dog' descriptors they should be
accurate!

Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] 16-10-2009 06:11 PM

Parker takes the ultimate crack pipe

In article >,
wrote:

> This just in, via Premier Cru's newsletter:
>
> "From Robert Parker's website, an update on the tremendous quality of
> the 2007 vintage in Southern Rhone. In his inaugural e-newsletter he
> notes that 2007 Southern Rhone is the greatest vintage ever in ANY
> viticultural area!!! The vintage of a lifetime!!!"
>
> You hear that, everyone? Let me shout it out for you, in case Parker's
> drug-induced slurring isn't intelligible enough:
>
> "2007 SOUTHERN RHONE IS THE GREATEST VINTAGE EVER IN ANY VITICULTURAL
> AREA!!! THE VINTAGE OF A LIFETIME."
>
> Good to know. I'll drink up a bunch of 2007's, then think about dying.
> I mean, why go on?
>
> We now return you to your regularly scheduled Vintages of the Century.
>
> JJ

As is the 2007 vintage in Napa and Sonoma. Since it will take a while to
drink up all of these, I'm not too concerned about imminent death.