Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking,alt.food.wine

Default Best Winemaking books?

On Oct 8, 11:12*am, rcw > wrote:
> Here's one person's list:
>
> Amazon.com:http://xrl.us/BestWinemakingBooks
>
> Any other recommmendations?

Jack Keller and Lum Eisenman have the best books and they're right on
the web.
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking,alt.food.wine

It is amazing that Emile's Peynaud masterpiece is not in that list or even
available in Amazon:

http://www.athenaeumfr.com/catalog/a...ch_result.php?
keywords=peynaud&x=0&y=0

http://tinyurl.com/peynaud

best,

s.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking,alt.food.wine

On Oct 8, 2:13*pm, santiago > wrote:
> It is amazing that Emile's Peynaud masterpiece is not in that list or even
> available in Amazon:
>
> http://www.athenaeumfr.com/catalog/a...ch_result.php?
> keywords=peynaud&x=0&y=0
>
> http://tinyurl.com/peynaud
>
> best,
>
> s.

Another very good book, along the lines of Roger Boulton's is Bruce
Zoecklein's " Wine Analysis and Production", Aspen, 1999.
additionally, if you log onto , you can sign up for
monthly newsletters that cover almost any winemaking topic at a given
time. The newsletter is free.

C. S. Ough's "Winemaking Basics" is an older but very complete book.
It is published by Food Production Press, New York.

Best

Jerry
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking,alt.food.wine

On Oct 11, 8:52*pm, Jerry > wrote:
> On Oct 8, 2:13*pm, santiago > wrote:
>
> > It is amazing that Emile's Peynaud masterpiece is not in that list or even
> > available in Amazon:

> >http://www.athenaeumfr.com/catalog/a...ch_result.php?
> > keywords=peynaud&x=0&y=0

> >http://tinyurl.com/peynaud

> > best,

> > s.

> Another very good book, along the lines of Roger Boulton's is Bruce
> Zoecklein's *" Wine Analysis and Production", Aspen, 1999.
> additionally, if you log onto , you can sign up for
> monthly newsletters that cover almost any winemaking topic at a given
> time. The newsletter is free.
>
> C. S. Ough's "Winemaking Basics" is an older but very complete book.
> It is published by Food Production Press, New York.
>
> Best
>
> Jerry

OOOPS

Forgot Yair Margalit's "Winery Technology & Operations", by The Wine
Appreciation Guild, San Francisco. This is a great small book for
winemakers at many levels. Lot's of practical stuff here. Margalit
also has another book "Concepts in Wine Chemistry". This one is a bit
more advanced, but for anyone who enjoys wine chemistry, it's very
good.

Jerry
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking,alt.food.wine

On Oct 12, 12:00*am, Jerry > wrote:
> On Oct 11, 8:52*pm, Jerry > wrote:
>

> > On Oct 8, 2:13*pm, santiago > wrote:

> > > It is amazing that Emile's Peynaud masterpiece is not in that list or even
> > > available in Amazon:

> > >http://www.athenaeumfr.com/catalog/a...ch_result.php?
> > > keywords=peynaud&x=0&y=0

> > >http://tinyurl.com/peynaud

> > > best,

> > > s.

> > Another very good book, along the lines of Roger Boulton's is Bruce
> > Zoecklein's *" Wine Analysis and Production", Aspen, 1999.
> > additionally, if you log onto , you can sign up for
> > monthly newsletters that cover almost any winemaking topic at a given
> > time. The newsletter is free.

> > C. S. Ough's "Winemaking Basics" is an older but very complete book.
> > It is published by Food Production Press, New York.

> > Best

> > Jerry

> OOOPS
>
> Forgot Yair Margalit's "Winery Technology & Operations", by The Wine
> Appreciation Guild, San Francisco. This is a great small book for
> winemakers at many levels. Lot's of practical stuff here. *Margalit
> also has another book "Concepts in Wine Chemistry". This one is a bit
> more advanced, but for anyone who enjoys wine chemistry, it's very
> good.
>
> Jerry- Hide quoted text -

That's what I refer to most and I have most of the books mentioned.
It's also cheap, around $30. Peynaud is great too but you have to
remember the acid conversions because they don't use tartartic as the
stanard in France. I just got Amerine's Winery Technology, what a
book.

Joe

I know this is winemaking but.... tessamess Winemaking 7 30-11-2005 04:49 PM
winemaking NG??? Ruby Q Winemaking 4 10-07-2004 08:44 PM
additives used in winemaking Don S Winemaking 7 01-12-2003 10:55 AM
Legality of winemaking in TN sara1 Winemaking 4 20-11-2003 06:16 AM
Legality of winemaking in TN sara1 Winemaking 0 20-11-2003 02:04 AM