FoodBanter.com

-   -   Best Winemaking books? (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/177668-re-best-winemaking-books.html)

[email protected] 08-10-2009 04:21 PM

Best Winemaking books?

On Oct 8, 11:12*am, rcw > wrote:
> Here's one person's list:
>
> Amazon.com:http://xrl.us/BestWinemakingBooks
>
> Any other recommmendations?

Jack Keller and Lum Eisenman have the best books and they're right on
the web.

santiago 08-10-2009 10:13 PM

Best Winemaking books?

It is amazing that Emile's Peynaud masterpiece is not in that list or even
available in Amazon:

http://www.athenaeumfr.com/catalog/a...ch_result.php?
keywords=peynaud&x=0&y=0

http://tinyurl.com/peynaud

best,

s.

Jerry[_7_] 12-10-2009 04:52 AM

Best Winemaking books?

On Oct 8, 2:13*pm, santiago > wrote:
> It is amazing that Emile's Peynaud masterpiece is not in that list or even
> available in Amazon:
>
> http://www.athenaeumfr.com/catalog/a...ch_result.php?
> keywords=peynaud&x=0&y=0
>
> http://tinyurl.com/peynaud
>
> best,
>
> s.

Another very good book, along the lines of Roger Boulton's is Bruce
Zoecklein's " Wine Analysis and Production", Aspen, 1999.
additionally, if you log onto , you can sign up for
monthly newsletters that cover almost any winemaking topic at a given
time. The newsletter is free.

C. S. Ough's "Winemaking Basics" is an older but very complete book.
It is published by Food Production Press, New York.

Best

Jerry

Jerry[_7_] 12-10-2009 05:00 AM

Best Winemaking books?

On Oct 11, 8:52*pm, Jerry > wrote:
> On Oct 8, 2:13*pm, santiago > wrote:
>
> > It is amazing that Emile's Peynaud masterpiece is not in that list or even
> > available in Amazon:

> >http://www.athenaeumfr.com/catalog/a...ch_result.php?
> > keywords=peynaud&x=0&y=0

> >http://tinyurl.com/peynaud

> > best,

> > s.

> Another very good book, along the lines of Roger Boulton's is Bruce
> Zoecklein's *" Wine Analysis and Production", Aspen, 1999.
> additionally, if you log onto , you can sign up for
> monthly newsletters that cover almost any winemaking topic at a given
> time. The newsletter is free.
>
> C. S. Ough's "Winemaking Basics" is an older but very complete book.
> It is published by Food Production Press, New York.
>
> Best
>
> Jerry

OOOPS

Forgot Yair Margalit's "Winery Technology & Operations", by The Wine
Appreciation Guild, San Francisco. This is a great small book for
winemakers at many levels. Lot's of practical stuff here. Margalit
also has another book "Concepts in Wine Chemistry". This one is a bit
more advanced, but for anyone who enjoys wine chemistry, it's very
good.

Jerry

Joe Sallustio 19-10-2009 10:56 PM

Best Winemaking books?

On Oct 12, 12:00*am, Jerry > wrote:
> On Oct 11, 8:52*pm, Jerry > wrote:
>

> > On Oct 8, 2:13*pm, santiago > wrote:

> > > It is amazing that Emile's Peynaud masterpiece is not in that list or even
> > > available in Amazon:

> > >http://www.athenaeumfr.com/catalog/a...ch_result.php?
> > > keywords=peynaud&x=0&y=0

> > >http://tinyurl.com/peynaud

> > > best,

> > > s.

> > Another very good book, along the lines of Roger Boulton's is Bruce
> > Zoecklein's *" Wine Analysis and Production", Aspen, 1999.
> > additionally, if you log onto , you can sign up for
> > monthly newsletters that cover almost any winemaking topic at a given
> > time. The newsletter is free.

> > C. S. Ough's "Winemaking Basics" is an older but very complete book.
> > It is published by Food Production Press, New York.

> > Best

> > Jerry

> OOOPS
>
> Forgot Yair Margalit's "Winery Technology & Operations", by The Wine
> Appreciation Guild, San Francisco. This is a great small book for
> winemakers at many levels. Lot's of practical stuff here. *Margalit
> also has another book "Concepts in Wine Chemistry". This one is a bit
> more advanced, but for anyone who enjoys wine chemistry, it's very
> good.
>
> Jerry- Hide quoted text -

That's what I refer to most and I have most of the books mentioned.
It's also cheap, around $30. Peynaud is great too but you have to
remember the acid conversions because they don't use tartartic as the
stanard in France. I just got Amerine's Winery Technology, what a
book.

Joe