Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Wine Aerator

Hello All!

I was given a wine aerator for my birthday but I have not detected
enough difference to make me want to use it consistently. I note that
the latest Brookestone's catalog says that their aerator is "also
available for white wines". I wonder do they have a special one for
white wines or is it just sloppy advert speak?

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Email, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to alt.food.wine

What brand of aerator is it?

On Oct 6, 5:33�pm, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> I was given a wine aerator for my birthday but I have not detected
> enough difference to make me want to use it consistently. I note that
> the latest Brookestone's catalog says that their aerator is "also
> available for white wines". I wonder do they have a special one for
> white wines or is it just sloppy advert speak?
>
> --
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> Email, with obvious alterations:
> not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to alt.food.wine

Bi!! wrote on Tue, 6 Oct 2009 16:14:23 -0700 (PDT):

> On Oct 6, 5:33�pm, "James Silverton"
> > wrote:
>> Hello All!
>>
>> I was given a wine aerator for my birthday but I have not
>> detected enough difference to make me want to use it
>> consistently. I note that the latest Brookestone's catalog
>> says that their aerator is "also available for white wines".
>> I wonder do they have a special one for white wines or is it
>> just sloppy advert speak?
>>

>What brand of aerator is it?

Brookstone does not specify what they are selling but the one I have is
called a Vinturi and looks very like the picture in the catalog.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Oct 6, 6:30*pm, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> *Bi!! *wrote *on Tue, 6 Oct 2009 16:14:23 -0700 (PDT):
>
> > On Oct 6, 5:33 pm, "James Silverton"
> > > wrote:
> >> Hello All!

> >> I was given a wine aerator for my birthday but I have not
> >> detected enough difference to make me want to use it
> >> consistently. I note that the latest Brookestone's catalog
> >> says that their aerator is "also available for white wines".
> >> I wonder do they have a special one for white wines or is it
> >> just sloppy advert speak?

> >What brand of aerator is it?

> Brookstone does not specify what they are selling but the one I have is
> called a Vinturi and looks very like the picture in the catalog.

See the following 4 links:

http://vinturi.com/products.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u814bZdfu0k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdLtnKTnk2k&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iowoyKfYFkU&NR=1

Yes, Vinturi sells aerators for both red and white wine. Also see some
hype for Vinturi and another aerator in the 3 YouTube videos.
Posted to alt.food.wine

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Hello All!
>
> I was given a wine aerator for my birthday but I have not detected enough
> difference to make me want to use it consistently. I note that the latest
> Brookestone's catalog says that their aerator is "also available for white
> wines". I wonder do they have a special one for white wines or is it just
> sloppy advert speak?
>
> --
>

> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland

Not in answer to your query; just chatting.

I have the aerator you have, and I do use it most of the time. I cannot say
that I can taste the difference in all the wines that I pour, but I keep on
using it. It's become a ritual :-))

A wine store owner I shop with regularly says that he thinks it makes a
difference.

Dee Dee

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Oct 6, 7:30�pm, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> �Bi!! �wrote �on Tue, 6 Oct 2009 16:14:23 -0700 (PDT):
>
> > On Oct 6, 5:33 pm, "James Silverton"
> > > wrote:
> >> Hello All!

> >> I was given a wine aerator for my birthday but I have not
> >> detected enough difference to make me want to use it
> >> consistently. I note that the latest Brookestone's catalog
> >> says that their aerator is "also available for white wines".
> >> I wonder do they have a special one for white wines or is it
> >> just sloppy advert speak?

> >What brand of aerator is it?

> Brookstone does not specify what they are selling but the one I have is
> called a Vinturi and looks very like the picture in the catalog.

I have a VInturi and have done a number of blind tests and IMO, it
does a good job of aeration and the wines do taste different. I'm not
sure what the difference would be between a red and a white though.
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Bi!!" > wrote in news:6092f8f8-106b-4409-a8d8-600e5d613798
@k26g2000vbp.googlegroups.com:

> I have a VInturi and have done a number of blind tests and IMO, it
> does a good job of aeration and the wines do taste different. I'm not
> sure what the difference would be between a red and a white though.

I do now own one (fed up of $50 wine gadgets), but tried it with friends at
a tasting, pouring two glasses of old Rioja, one straight from the bottle,
another through the Vinturi, and the second one was better for all the
table.

s.