Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 1982 Camensac in CA

So I lefthouse at 4AM Sunday, got to Sacramento late morning. After a
wineless dinner with in-laws,we popped over to Arv and Jenn's new
house in downtown Sacramento .Theu had just finished cross country
drive,and furniture and winewere to arrive today. He had said we'd
have to drink from plastic cups,I thought about buying stemware,but
since it was arriving today we just brought flowers and an inexpensive
Ridge from supermarket.

Lovely house,and then Arv brought out the 1982 Camensac. If I'd have
known,I would have bought the glasses. But the plastic was actually
fine,and the wine showed very well. Very sweet red plum and cassis
fruit, lots of cedar,resolved tannins. Totally mature,drinking very
well, delicious. Having a good vino buddy in town makes me more likely
to visit the in-laws! B+/A-

TN: My first Petite Arvine, Barde Haut, Camensac DaleW Wine 0 04-10-2008 11:49 PM
TN: 1982 Lanessan DaleW Wine 0 14-09-2008 04:42 PM
TN 1982 Claret act one John T Wine 4 17-11-2007 04:31 AM
[TN] 1982! Nils Gustaf Lindgren Wine 1 19-09-2005 05:25 PM
FS: 1982 Don't Eat Your Heart Out Cookbook SC 1982 katie-mae Marketplace 0 28-05-2004 05:29 PM