Posted to alt.food.wine,uk.people.dead

Default Keith Floyd, the outspoken television chef, has died after a heart attack. He was 65.

Tributes have been paid by his fellow chefs after the presenter, who was
diagnosed with bowel cancer earlier this year, died at his partner’s home in
Dorset. Floyd, who was said by many to be the first true ‘celebrity’ chef in
Britain, died on Monday night, the ghost-writer of his autobiography, James
Steen told the BBC.

Among the early tributes to the flamboyant chef– famous for enjoying copious
amounts of wine while cooking outdoors on his shows – was Marco Pierre
White. Pierre White told the BBC that Floyd was a “beautiful man” and
described his death as a “sad day for the nation”.
After his battle with bowel cancer was announced in July, ad vowed to beat
the disease despite having five serious operations since he was diagnosed.
Floyd, from Faringdon in Oxfordshire, shot to fame in the 1980s for his
distinctive cookery shows, which he often presented with a a glass of wine
in hand. His idiosyncratic presentation style wow him a legion of fans.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...loyd-dies.html

Posted to alt.food.wine,uk.people.dead

I really enjoyed his shows. He was quite a character.

Mike Hagley
"Borg Master" > wrote in message
> Tributes have been paid by his fellow chefs after the presenter, who was
> diagnosed with bowel cancer earlier this year, died at his partner’s home
> in Dorset. Floyd, who was said by many to be the first true ‘celebrity’
> chef in Britain, died on Monday night, the ghost-writer of his
> autobiography, James Steen told the BBC.
>
> Among the early tributes to the flamboyant chef– famous for enjoying
> copious amounts of wine while cooking outdoors on his shows – was Marco
> Pierre White. Pierre White told the BBC that Floyd was a “beautiful man”
> and described his death as a “sad day for the nation”.
> After his battle with bowel cancer was announced in July, ad vowed to beat
> the disease despite having five serious operations since he was diagnosed.
> Floyd, from Faringdon in Oxfordshire, shot to fame in the 1980s for his
> distinctive cookery shows, which he often presented with a a glass of wine
> in hand. His idiosyncratic presentation style wow him a legion of fans.
>
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...loyd-dies.html

Posted to alt.food.wine,uk.people.dead
JT JT is offline

>> Tributes have been paid by his fellow chefs after the presenter, who was
>> diagnosed with bowel cancer earlier this year, died at his partner’s home
>> in Dorset.

Sad coincidence, he was featured in a Channel 4 programme last night. He
looked awful, about to be chucked out of his French house. His face showed
the years of heavy smoking and boozing,

RIP to one of life's characters.

JT