Posted to alt.food.wine

Default My good bottles

I used to work for a wine store and managed to pick up some good bottles
for good prices. This is what I still have:

2 half bottles of 2005 Rayne Vigneau Sauternes
1 bottle 1990 Suduiraut Sauternes (received as a gift)
1 bottle 2004 Brancaia Ilatraia
1 bottle 2001 Casanova di Neri Tenuta Nuova Brunello di Montalcino.
(This was Wine Spec's Wine of the Year, 2006. I got one bottle for
employee price (about $35).)
1 bottle 2006 Torbreck Barossa Valley Woodcutter's Shiraz
1 bottle 1994 Dow's Vintage Port.

I'm sure some of these don't rise to the level of "good" bottles for
some of you, but for me and my modest means... well, they're good for me.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 12, 2:52*pm, cshubs > wrote:
> I used to work for a wine store and managed to pick up some good bottles
> for good prices. This is what I still have:
>
> 2 half bottles of 2005 Rayne Vigneau Sauternes
> 1 bottle 1990 Suduiraut Sauternes (received as a gift)
> 1 bottle 2004 Brancaia Ilatraia
> 1 bottle 2001 Casanova di Neri Tenuta Nuova Brunello di Montalcino.
> (This was Wine Spec's Wine of the Year, 2006. I got one bottle for
> employee price (about $35).)
> 1 bottle 2006 Torbreck Barossa Valley Woodcutter's Shiraz
> 1 bottle 1994 Dow's Vintage Port.
>
> I'm sure some of these don't rise to the level of "good" bottles for
> some of you, but for me and my modest means... well, they're good for me.

sound like pretty good bottles to me (not really familiar with the
SuperT and the Aussie)!
Posted to alt.food.wine

cshubs wrote:
> I used to work for a wine store and managed to pick up some good bottles
> for good prices. This is what I still have:
>
> 2 half bottles of 2005 Rayne Vigneau Sauternes
> 1 bottle 1990 Suduiraut Sauternes (received as a gift)
> 1 bottle 2004 Brancaia Ilatraia
> 1 bottle 2001 Casanova di Neri Tenuta Nuova Brunello di Montalcino.
> (This was Wine Spec's Wine of the Year, 2006. I got one bottle for
> employee price (about $35).)
> 1 bottle 2006 Torbreck Barossa Valley Woodcutter's Shiraz
> 1 bottle 1994 Dow's Vintage Port.
>
> I'm sure some of these don't rise to the level of "good" bottles for
> some of you, but for me and my modest means... well, they're good for me.

Interesting selection of bottles. I've been told by more knowledgable
folks that Torbreck makes atypical wines in the Barossa, more attuned to
a Europhilic palate such as wine. I have one bottle of a Woodcutter's
Semillon to test that with. Most of your wines will benefit from bottle
aging, so I hope that you have the facility to age them in a cool
environment. Welcome to alt.food.wine, BTW.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article >, Mark Lipton >
wrote:

> cshubs wrote:
> > I used to work for a wine store and managed to pick up some good bottles
> > for good prices. This is what I still have:
> >
> > 2 half bottles of 2005 Rayne Vigneau Sauternes
> > 1 bottle 1990 Suduiraut Sauternes (received as a gift)
> > 1 bottle 2004 Brancaia Ilatraia
> > 1 bottle 2001 Casanova di Neri Tenuta Nuova Brunello di Montalcino.
> > (This was Wine Spec's Wine of the Year, 2006. I got one bottle for
> > employee price (about $35).)
> > 1 bottle 2006 Torbreck Barossa Valley Woodcutter's Shiraz
> > 1 bottle 1994 Dow's Vintage Port.
> >
> > I'm sure some of these don't rise to the level of "good" bottles for
> > some of you, but for me and my modest means... well, they're good for me.

> Interesting selection of bottles. I've been told by more knowledgable
> folks that Torbreck makes atypical wines in the Barossa, more attuned to
> a Europhilic palate such as wine. I have one bottle of a Woodcutter's
> Semillon to test that with. Most of your wines will benefit from bottle
> aging, so I hope that you have the facility to age them in a cool
> environment. Welcome to alt.food.wine, BTW.
>
> Mark Lipton

Thanks for the welcome, Mark.
All I can do is store them in a nice, hardwood wine box in the closet.
It never gets too hot in there.

³M'm! M'm! Good! M'm! M'm! Good! That's whatCampbell's soups are! M'm! M'm! Good!" Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 4 01-03-2009 05:23 PM
Bottles Bob Becker Winemaking 15 28-06-2006 09:02 PM
Using beer bottles for Individual serving bottles of wine Brad Winemaking 17 21-06-2006 04:06 AM
Looking For A Good Source For Wine Bottles Sedgewick Halbritton Winemaking 12 03-12-2005 11:02 AM
175 ml Bottles? Keith Winemaking 6 21-11-2003 03:22 AM