Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: '03 Fobadet & '05 Garrigue CdR

Mark's post on Garrigue prompted me to post. Last Sunday evening I grilled
fillet steaks served with "crashed" potatoes for friends. I decanted the 03
Ch. Fonbadet about 90 minutes beforehand as the bottle I opened last year
was a bit tight and tannic. There's a note on Cellar Tracker that describes
it as hollow and thin and that applied in this case. There was some faint
cassis on the nose and palate but it was not at all impressive (probably a
B- or lower on Dale's scale). I have another bottle and I'll leave it for a
couple of years but I doubt that it'll improve. Very disappointing.

So I grabbed the 05 Garrigue that RP awarded 91pts. Gorgeous and fragrent
and meaty, just as Mark described for the '06. I just wish that I could get
some at the price he paid!
Graham

--
"Elite sportspeople are a fascinating breed; they are brilliant at what they
do but stupid enough to think it matters."

The plural of "anecdote" is not "data".
Ben Goldacre