Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 07 Dashe

Sunday Tim had brought some nice teriyaki-marinaded flank steak, which
never made it onto the grill. We had some last night with Cambodian
style corn, squash,and a salad. Wine was the 2007 Dashe Zinfandel (Dry
Creek Valley) from a half bottle. Midweight, "zinberry" red fruit, a
touch jammy but within my mental parameters for Zinfandel, pleasant
wine. B

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.*
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article
DaleW > wrote:

> Sunday Tim had brought some nice teriyaki-marinaded flank steak, which
> never made it onto the grill. We had some last night with Cambodian
> style corn, squash,and a salad. Wine was the 2007 Dashe Zinfandel (Dry
> Creek Valley) from a half bottle. Midweight, "zinberry" red fruit, a
> touch jammy but within my mental parameters for Zinfandel, pleasant
> wine. B
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.*

Had the Dashe at the megatasting in April. My notes are very similar,
jammy and big red fruit. Fairly good acidity and few tannins. Not one to
hold onto more than 3-5 years.
Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW wrote:
> Sunday Tim had brought some nice teriyaki-marinaded flank steak, which
> never made it onto the grill. We had some last night with Cambodian
> style corn, squash,and a salad. Wine was the 2007 Dashe Zinfandel (Dry
> Creek Valley) from a half bottle. Midweight, "zinberry" red fruit, a
> touch jammy but within my mental parameters for Zinfandel, pleasant
> wine. B

This was the regular cuvée, not the l'Enfant? I've still got a bottle
of the latter in the cellar, to see what magic time will work on it.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 8, 11:26*am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> DaleW wrote:
> > Sunday Tim had brought some nice teriyaki-marinaded flank steak, which
> > never made it onto the grill. *We had some last night with Cambodian
> > style corn, squash,and a salad. Wine was the 2007 Dashe Zinfandel (Dry
> > Creek Valley) from a half bottle. Midweight, "zinberry" red fruit, a
> > touch jammy but within my mental parameters for Zinfandel, pleasant
> > wine. B

> This was the regular cuvée, not the l'Enfant? *I've still got a bottle
> of the latter in the cellar, to see what magic time will work on it.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

yes, a half of the regular. I have one of the l'E T also.

LL, agree not really an aging style, but for most Zins except Ridge
I'm looking for instant pleasure!
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 8, 11:15�am, DaleW > wrote:
> Sunday Tim had brought some nice teriyaki-marinaded flank steak, which
> never made it onto the grill. �We had some last night with Cambodian
> style corn, squash,and a salad. Wine was the 2007 Dashe Zinfandel (Dry
> Creek Valley) from a half bottle. Midweight, "zinberry" red fruit, a
> touch jammy but within my mental parameters for Zinfandel, pleasant
> wine. B
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.�

Was there pineapple juice in the teriyaki? I'm interested in how well
the Zin matched with the teriyake marinade.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 8, 1:21*pm, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> On Sep 8, 11:15 am, DaleW > wrote:
>
> > Sunday Tim had brought some nice teriyaki-marinaded flank steak, which
> > never made it onto the grill. We had some last night with Cambodian
> > style corn, squash,and a salad. Wine was the 2007 Dashe Zinfandel (Dry
> > Creek Valley) from a half bottle. Midweight, "zinberry" red fruit, a
> > touch jammy but within my mental parameters for Zinfandel, pleasant
> > wine. B

> > Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> > wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> > drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> > promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

> Was there pineapple juice in the teriyaki? *I'm interested in how well
> the Zin matched with the teriyake marinade.

I don't think pineapple- I'd assume a combo of soy sauce, sake or shao
xing, sugar, and ginger (I made a teriyaki sauce for the salmon
Sunday, I used soy sauce, mirin, and ginger).
The Zin went fine, but I didn't glaze the beef, so it's wasn't really
sweet.