Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Best 50 bottle wine cabinet

I need to find a smallish wine cabinet for my new home and need to get
one that will fit into a breakfront. Anyone have information on which
ones seem to have the best life span? I have a 250 bottle one now but
there is no room for that in a small adobe home. The library wines will
go to a shared storage. I have looked at small ones from Kitchen Aide
and one from wine enthusiast but would like some experience with any of
them. Thanks in advance.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Aug 31, 7:52�am, Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:
> I need to find a smallish wine cabinet for my new home and need to get
> one that will fit into a breakfront. Anyone have information on which
> ones seem to have the best life span? I have a 250 bottle one now but
> there is no room for that in a small adobe home. The library wines will
> go to a shared storage. I have looked at small ones from Kitchen Aide
> and one from wine enthusiast but would like some experience with any of
> them. Thanks in advance.

I have a U-Line under counter at my farm that olds about 70 bottles.
I've had it for five years and did have a problem with a controller on
the cooling unit. I contacted U-Line and they arranged for a local
repair company to pick up the unit, repair it and returnit at no cost
to me. The unit had a problem as a result of bad installation due to
the installer failing to remove all of the packing material which
impeded most of the circulation behind the unit but U-Line still stood
behind their product and their warranty. I have a small undercounter
beneath my bar in my Florida condo which I purchased almost 15 years
ago. It was sold with a Fridgidaire label but was made in Sweden and
so far no problems.
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article
"Bi!!" > wrote:

> On Aug 31, 7:52?am, Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:
> > I need to find a smallish wine cabinet for my new home and need to get
> > one that will fit into a breakfront. Anyone have information on which
> > ones seem to have the best life span? I have a 250 bottle one now but
> > there is no room for that in a small adobe home. The library wines will
> > go to a shared storage. I have looked at small ones from Kitchen Aide
> > and one from wine enthusiast but would like some experience with any of
> > them. Thanks in advance.

> I have a U-Line under counter at my farm that olds about 70 bottles.
> I've had it for five years and did have a problem with a controller on
> the cooling unit. I contacted U-Line and they arranged for a local
> repair company to pick up the unit, repair it and returnit at no cost
> to me. The unit had a problem as a result of bad installation due to
> the installer failing to remove all of the packing material which
> impeded most of the circulation behind the unit but U-Line still stood
> behind their product and their warranty. I have a small undercounter
> beneath my bar in my Florida condo which I purchased almost 15 years
> ago. It was sold with a Fridgidaire label but was made in Sweden and
> so far no problems.

Thanks, this is one of the units I have been looking at.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 13:03:25 -0400, Lawrence Leichtman
> wrote:

>In article
>,
> "Bi!!" > wrote:
>
>> On Aug 31, 7:52?am, Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:
>> > I need to find a smallish wine cabinet for my new home and need to get
>> > one that will fit into a breakfront. Anyone have information on which
>> > ones seem to have the best life span? I have a 250 bottle one now but
>> > there is no room for that in a small adobe home. The library wines will
>> > go to a shared storage. I have looked at small ones from Kitchen Aide
>> > and one from wine enthusiast but would like some experience with any of
>> > them. Thanks in advance.

>> I have a U-Line under counter at my farm that olds about 70 bottles.
>> I've had it for five years and did have a problem with a controller on
>> the cooling unit. I contacted U-Line and they arranged for a local
>> repair company to pick up the unit, repair it and returnit at no cost
>> to me. The unit had a problem as a result of bad installation due to
>> the installer failing to remove all of the packing material which
>> impeded most of the circulation behind the unit but U-Line still stood
>> behind their product and their warranty. I have a small undercounter
>> beneath my bar in my Florida condo which I purchased almost 15 years
>> ago. It was sold with a Fridgidaire label but was made in Sweden and
>> so far no problems.

>Thanks, this is one of the units I have been looking at.

ll unit that I bought at a home depot, but have seen at Costco,
Embarrassed to say I can't recall the name of the manufacture,

It is a Magic Chef and it is quiet and unassuming in its little corner
(no name on the front or inside had to pull it out to readthe name on
the back.
Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
www.josephcoulter.com
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article >,
Joseph Coulter > wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 13:03:25 -0400, Lawrence Leichtman
> > wrote:
>
> >In article
> >,

> >> I have a U-Line under counter at my farm that olds about 70 bottles.
> >> I've had it for five years and did have a problem with a controller on
> >> the cooling unit. I contacted U-Line and they arranged for a local
> >> repair company to pick up the unit, repair it and returnit at no cost
> >> to me. The unit had a problem as a result of bad installation due to
> >> the installer failing to remove all of the packing material which
> >> impeded most of the circulation behind the unit but U-Line still stood
> >> behind their product and their warranty. I have a small undercounter
> >> beneath my bar in my Florida condo which I purchased almost 15 years
> >> ago. It was sold with a Fridgidaire label but was made in Sweden and
> >> so far no problems.

> >Thanks, this is one of the units I have been looking at.

> ll unit that I bought at a home depot, but have seen at Costco,
> Embarrassed to say I can't recall the name of the manufacture,
>
> It is a Magic Chef and it is quiet and unassuming in its little corner
> (no name on the front or inside had to pull it out to readthe name on
> the back.
> Joseph Coulter
> Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
> www.josephcoulter.com

Has it run well for you?

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 12:45:48 -0400, Lawrence Leichtman
> wrote:

>> >Thanks, this is one of the units I have been looking at.

>> ll unit that I bought at a home depot, but have seen at Costco,
>> Embarrassed to say I can't recall the name of the manufacture,
>>
>> It is a Magic Chef and it is quiet and unassuming in its little corner
>> (no name on the front or inside had to pull it out to readthe name on
>> the back.
>> Joseph Coulter
>> Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
>> www.josephcoulter.com

>Has it run well for you?

It has run well seems to keep a good temperature and has little in the
way of noise or vibration.
Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
www.josephcoulter.com
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article >,
Joseph Coulter > wrote:

> >> ll unit that I bought at a home depot, but have seen at Costco,
> >> Embarrassed to say I can't recall the name of the manufacture,
> >>
> >> It is a Magic Chef and it is quiet and unassuming in its little corner
> >> (no name on the front or inside had to pull it out to readthe name on
> >> the back.
> >> Joseph Coulter
> >> Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
> >> www.josephcoulter.com

> >Has it run well for you?

> It has run well seems to keep a good temperature and has little in the
> way of noise or vibration.
> Joseph Coulter
> Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
> www.josephcoulter.com

Thanks, I will add that to my list.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Your living in a mud hut now...wow the recession has really seemed to get

Sorry, no suggestions, I only have the Eurocaves...they have a smaller
one..but I only have the large ones.