Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN Bernkasteler Doctor Auslese 1975, Thanish

The Bernkasteler Doctor Auslese 1975, Weingut wwe. Dr.Thanish, A.P.
Nr. 2 576 242 2076. I have stored this wine properly since shortly
after release, and there were no issues with the cork or fill.

The color is bright lemon, but not too intense. The wine is fully
mature, but likely will hold many more years. This 75 Mosel is not as
tropical as many of the 76s, but the more temperate and typical fruit
is very intense and well balanced. Perhaps there is a touch of
pineapple , white peaches, a little apricot, and other fruits. There
is a bit of honey, and the old Riesling petrol character is present,
but very restrained. The wine is quite rich and sweet, but it is very
well balanced by clean acidity. There is some mixed floral character,
and the finish is long. While the Doctor has long been considered one
of the top wines of the Mosel, it also has been one of the more
expensive ones, likely because it is so well known and the vineyard
is only 3.2 ha. In most years I prefer the Wehlener Sonnenuhr from
J.J. Prum and sometimes others. However this is more of a matter of
personal taste rather than differences in quality
Posted to alt.food.wine
L L is offline

"cwdjrxyz" > wrote in message
> The Bernkasteler Doctor Auslese 1975, Weingut wwe. Dr.Thanish, A.P.
> Nr. 2 576 242 2076. I have stored this wine properly since shortly
> after release, and there were no issues with the cork or fill.

Thanks for the notes. Dr T is one of my fondest memories from the 60's
and 70's. I still have some 71er's and others

Lew