Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Lunch wines

Lunch today at Twin Farms consisted of:

A tasting of Oysters:
Dodge Cove Maine Oysters with pineapple, carrot-yuzu juice and fresh
parsely
Island Creek Massachusettes Oysters with heirloom tomato, olives,
oliove oil and chervil flowers
Glidden Point Maine Oysters with organic sorrel, corn puree, grilled
corn, chive blossoms

served with 2004 Dagueneau Silex (from private stash)-very expressive
Pouilly Fume full of limestone chalk minerality, lemon lime citrus and
slightly floral notes.

Salmon Three Ways-Grilled with an Asian Plum Sauce, Poached in Sweet
Soy and Tartare of Toro served with a seaweed salad.

2006 Rex Hill Pinot Gris-Nice fresh pear flavors a bit of white peach
and a nice acidity. A bit flabby in the middle but finsihed nice.
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article
"Bi!!" > wrote:

> Lunch today at Twin Farms consisted of:
>
> A tasting of Oysters:
> Dodge Cove Maine Oysters with pineapple, carrot-yuzu juice and fresh
> parsely
> Island Creek Massachusettes Oysters with heirloom tomato, olives,
> oliove oil and chervil flowers
> Glidden Point Maine Oysters with organic sorrel, corn puree, grilled
> corn, chive blossoms
>
> served with 2004 Dagueneau Silex (from private stash)-very expressive
> Pouilly Fume full of limestone chalk minerality, lemon lime citrus and
> slightly floral notes.
>
> Salmon Three Ways-Grilled with an Asian Plum Sauce, Poached in Sweet
> Soy and Tartare of Toro served with a seaweed salad.
>
> 2006 Rex Hill Pinot Gris-Nice fresh pear flavors a bit of white peach
> and a nice acidity. A bit flabby in the middle but finsihed nice.

Always wanted to try the Dagueneau Silex. Is that the one that is
relatively expensive?
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 29, 5:07�pm, Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>

> �"Bi!!" > wrote:
> > Lunch today at Twin Farms consisted of:

> > A tasting of Oysters:
> > Dodge Cove Maine Oysters with pineapple, carrot-yuzu juice and fresh
> > parsely
> > Island Creek Massachusettes Oysters with heirloom tomato, olives,
> > oliove oil and chervil flowers
> > Glidden Point Maine Oysters with organic sorrel, corn puree, grilled
> > corn, chive blossoms

> > served with 2004 Dagueneau Silex (from private stash)-very expressive
> > Pouilly Fume full of limestone chalk minerality, lemon lime citrus and
> > slightly floral notes.

> > Salmon Three Ways-Grilled with an Asian Plum Sauce, Poached in Sweet
> > Soy and Tartare of Toro served with a seaweed salad.

> > 2006 Rex Hill Pinot Gris-Nice fresh pear flavors a bit of white peach
> > and a nice acidity. �A bit flabby in the middle but finsihed nice.

> Always wanted to try the Dagueneau Silex. Is that the one that is
> relatively expensive?- Hide quoted text -

It is now! When I bought it I paid $60 at auction for what I'm
drinking now......which was before Didier's untimely demise.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 29, 5:07*pm, Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>

> *"Bi!!" > wrote:
> > Lunch today at Twin Farms consisted of:

> > A tasting of Oysters:
> > Dodge Cove Maine Oysters with pineapple, carrot-yuzu juice and fresh
> > parsely
> > Island Creek Massachusettes Oysters with heirloom tomato, olives,
> > oliove oil and chervil flowers
> > Glidden Point Maine Oysters with organic sorrel, corn puree, grilled
> > corn, chive blossoms

> > served with 2004 Dagueneau Silex (from private stash)-very expressive
> > Pouilly Fume full of limestone chalk minerality, lemon lime citrus and
> > slightly floral notes.

> > Salmon Three Ways-Grilled with an Asian Plum Sauce, Poached in Sweet
> > Soy and Tartare of Toro served with a seaweed salad.

> > 2006 Rex Hill Pinot Gris-Nice fresh pear flavors a bit of white peach
> > and a nice acidity. *A bit flabby in the middle but finsihed nice.

> Always wanted to try the Dagueneau Silex. Is that the one that is
> relatively expensive?

Nice meal, Bill!
Lawrence, the Silex was the most expensive of Dagueneau's "standard"
dry bottlings, but only by a hair over the Pur Sang. Cheapest was
Blanc de Pouilly (also had another name in some years), then Buisson
Renard, then Pur Sang, then Silex. Maybe $40/$55/$70/$75 respectively
(before he died). But in a couple of vintages he also made a wine or
two with residual sugar in very limited quantities, and those were
more like several hundred dollars a bottle.
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article
DaleW > wrote:

> On Jun 29, 5:07*pm, Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> >

> > *"Bi!!" > wrote:
> > > Lunch today at Twin Farms consisted of:

> > > A tasting of Oysters:
> > > Dodge Cove Maine Oysters with pineapple, carrot-yuzu juice and fresh
> > > parsely
> > > Island Creek Massachusettes Oysters with heirloom tomato, olives,
> > > oliove oil and chervil flowers
> > > Glidden Point Maine Oysters with organic sorrel, corn puree, grilled
> > > corn, chive blossoms

> > > served with 2004 Dagueneau Silex (from private stash)-very expressive
> > > Pouilly Fume full of limestone chalk minerality, lemon lime citrus and
> > > slightly floral notes.

> > > Salmon Three Ways-Grilled with an Asian Plum Sauce, Poached in Sweet
> > > Soy and Tartare of Toro served with a seaweed salad.

> > > 2006 Rex Hill Pinot Gris-Nice fresh pear flavors a bit of white peach
> > > and a nice acidity. *A bit flabby in the middle but finsihed nice.

> > Always wanted to try the Dagueneau Silex. Is that the one that is
> > relatively expensive?

> Nice meal, Bill!
> Lawrence, the Silex was the most expensive of Dagueneau's "standard"
> dry bottlings, but only by a hair over the Pur Sang. Cheapest was
> Blanc de Pouilly (also had another name in some years), then Buisson
> Renard, then Pur Sang, then Silex. Maybe $40/$55/$70/$75 respectively
> (before he died). But in a couple of vintages he also made a wine or
> two with residual sugar in very limited quantities, and those were
> more like several hundred dollars a bottle.

Thanks for the prices. I think these may be hard to come by before too
long.

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article
DaleW > wrote:

> On Jun 29, 5:07*pm, Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> >

> > *"Bi!!" > wrote:
> > > Lunch today at Twin Farms consisted of:

> > > A tasting of Oysters:
> > > Dodge Cove Maine Oysters with pineapple, carrot-yuzu juice and fresh
> > > parsely
> > > Island Creek Massachusettes Oysters with heirloom tomato, olives,
> > > oliove oil and chervil flowers
> > > Glidden Point Maine Oysters with organic sorrel, corn puree, grilled
> > > corn, chive blossoms

> > > served with 2004 Dagueneau Silex (from private stash)-very expressive
> > > Pouilly Fume full of limestone chalk minerality, lemon lime citrus and
> > > slightly floral notes.

> > > Salmon Three Ways-Grilled with an Asian Plum Sauce, Poached in Sweet
> > > Soy and Tartare of Toro served with a seaweed salad.

> > > 2006 Rex Hill Pinot Gris-Nice fresh pear flavors a bit of white peach
> > > and a nice acidity. *A bit flabby in the middle but finsihed nice.

> > Always wanted to try the Dagueneau Silex. Is that the one that is
> > relatively expensive?

> Nice meal, Bill!
> Lawrence, the Silex was the most expensive of Dagueneau's "standard"
> dry bottlings, but only by a hair over the Pur Sang. Cheapest was
> Blanc de Pouilly (also had another name in some years), then Buisson
> Renard, then Pur Sang, then Silex. Maybe $40/$55/$70/$75 respectively
> (before he died). But in a couple of vintages he also made a wine or
> two with residual sugar in very limited quantities, and those were
> more like several hundred dollars a bottle.

Just checked and they are all $110+ now.

TN: lunch and dinner wines= US, FR, IT, DE DaleW Wine 0 07-10-2012 01:10 PM
Lunch Wines from All Over Bill S. Wine 0 12-03-2011 02:33 AM
Lunch Wines Bill S. Wine 0 14-11-2009 01:03 AM
Lunch Wines Bi!! Wine 0 19-10-2009 07:23 PM
Lunch Wines Bill S. Wine 8 25-07-2007 02:38 AM