Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Vermont Dinner Wines

My wife and I are in vermont at Twin Farms for our 36th wedding
anniversary. Last nights dinner and wines:

with passed roasted eggpalnt tarts, and smoked salmon and chevre
rillets:
Perrier Jouet NV Brut-nice soft fruit and brioche notes. Crisp and
clean and refreshing.

Carmelized local cippolini onions atop marinated white anchovies:
2004 Chave Hermitage Blanc-oily and powerful. Orange zest, lychee
nut, vanilla, and peach.

Poached baby shrimp with kolarabi atop a fresh pea puree.(yum)
2007 Heitz Sauvignon Blanc-Light clean and delicious. A bit of fresh
mown grass and grapefruit.

Tasting of fresh heirloom tomatoes with bulgar wheat and watercress
and a red wine mayonaise.
2002 Nickel and Nickel Sori Bricco Merlot-bright red raspberry and
blackberry with plenty of cassis. Soft sweet fruit and tannins.

Pan seared and roasted duck breast with haricots vert and barely with
a duck jus reduction.
1998 Dujac Clos de La Roche-explosive burgundy nose sweet cherry and
mushroom. Well balanced on the palate plenty of cherry, strawberry,
earthy mineral and a hint of cola.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 07:49:50 -0700, Bi!! wrote:

> My wife and I are in vermont at Twin Farms for our 36th wedding
> anniversary. Last nights dinner and wines:
>
> with passed roasted eggpalnt tarts, and smoked salmon and chevre
> rillets:
> Perrier Jouet NV Brut-nice soft fruit and brioche notes. Crisp and
> clean and refreshing.
>
> Carmelized local cippolini onions atop marinated white anchovies: 2004
> Chave Hermitage Blanc-oily and powerful. Orange zest, lychee nut,
> vanilla, and peach.
>
> Poached baby shrimp with kolarabi atop a fresh pea puree.(yum) 2007
> Heitz Sauvignon Blanc-Light clean and delicious. A bit of fresh mown
> grass and grapefruit.
>
> Tasting of fresh heirloom tomatoes with bulgar wheat and watercress and
> a red wine mayonaise.
> 2002 Nickel and Nickel Sori Bricco Merlot-bright red raspberry and
> blackberry with plenty of cassis. Soft sweet fruit and tannins.
>
> Pan seared and roasted duck breast with haricots vert and barely with a
> duck jus reduction.
> 1998 Dujac Clos de La Roche-explosive burgundy nose sweet cherry and
> mushroom. Well balanced on the palate plenty of cherry, strawberry,
> earthy mineral and a hint of cola.

What does "passed"roasted eggpalnt tarts mean? I criticize not the
accidental noun spelling but cannot understand the verb usage???

Godzilla
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 29, 11:21�am, Godzilla Monster > wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 07:49:50 -0700, Bi!! wrote:
> > My wife and I are in vermont at Twin Farms for our 36th wedding
> > anniversary. �Last nights dinner and wines:

> > with passed roasted eggpalnt tarts, and smoked salmon and chevre
> > rillets:
> > Perrier Jouet NV Brut-nice soft fruit and brioche notes. �Crisp and
> > clean and refreshing.

> > Carmelized local cippolini onions atop marinated white anchovies: 2004
> > Chave Hermitage Blanc-oily and powerful. �Orange zest, lychee nut,
> > vanilla, and peach.

> > Poached baby shrimp with kolarabi atop a fresh pea puree.(yum) 2007
> > Heitz Sauvignon Blanc-Light clean and delicious. �A bit of fresh mown
> > grass and grapefruit.

> > Tasting of fresh heirloom tomatoes with bulgar wheat and watercress and
> > a red wine mayonaise.
> > 2002 Nickel and Nickel Sori Bricco Merlot-bright red raspberry and
> > blackberry with plenty of cassis. �Soft sweet fruit and tannins..

> > Pan seared and roasted duck breast with haricots vert and barely with a
> > duck jus reduction.
> > 1998 Dujac Clos de La Roche-explosive burgundy nose sweet cherry and
> > mushroom. �Well balanced on the palate plenty of cherry, strawberry,
> > earthy mineral and a hint of cola.

> What does "passed"roasted eggpalnt tarts mean? I criticize not the
> accidental noun spelling but cannot understand the verb usage???
>
> Godzilla- Hide quoted text -

It means that they were passed around during a cocktail hour and they
weren't really part of the actual dinner menu. I'm also typing this
on a freaking Motorola cell phone which is a challenge for me. Sorry
about the typos.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 07:49:50 -0700 (PDT), "Bi!!" >
wrote:

> My wife and I are in vermont at Twin Farms for our 36th wedding
> anniversary. Last nights dinner and wines:
>
> with passed roasted eggpalnt tarts, and smoked salmon and chevre
> rillets:
> Perrier Jouet NV Brut-nice soft fruit and brioche notes. Crisp and
> clean and refreshing.
>
> Carmelized local cippolini onions atop marinated white anchovies:
> 2004 Chave Hermitage Blanc-oily and powerful. Orange zest, lychee
> nut, vanilla, and peach.
>
> Poached baby shrimp with kolarabi atop a fresh pea puree.(yum)
> 2007 Heitz Sauvignon Blanc-Light clean and delicious. A bit of fresh
> mown grass and grapefruit.
>
> Tasting of fresh heirloom tomatoes with bulgar wheat and watercress
> and a red wine mayonaise.
> 2002 Nickel and Nickel Sori Bricco Merlot-bright red raspberry and
> blackberry with plenty of cassis. Soft sweet fruit and tannins.
>
> Pan seared and roasted duck breast with haricots vert and barely with
> a duck jus reduction.
> 1998 Dujac Clos de La Roche-explosive burgundy nose sweet cherry and
> mushroom. Well balanced on the palate plenty of cherry, strawberry,
> earthy mineral and a hint of cola.

I assume you were able to order these by the glass, and you didn't
have five bottles of wine. Very nice list of wines available by the
glass.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 29, 2:22*pm, Ken Blake >
wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 07:49:50 -0700 (PDT), "Bi!!" >
> wrote:
>

> > My wife and I are in vermont at Twin Farms for our 36th wedding
> > anniversary. *Last nights dinner and wines:

> > with passed roasted eggpalnt tarts, and smoked salmon and chevre
> > rillets:
> > Perrier Jouet NV Brut-nice soft fruit and brioche notes. *Crisp and
> > clean and refreshing.

> > Carmelized local cippolini onions atop marinated white anchovies:
> > 2004 Chave Hermitage Blanc-oily and powerful. *Orange zest, lychee
> > nut, vanilla, and peach.

> > Poached baby shrimp with kolarabi atop a fresh pea puree.(yum)
> > 2007 Heitz Sauvignon Blanc-Light clean and delicious. *A bit of fresh
> > mown grass and grapefruit.

> > Tasting of fresh heirloom tomatoes with bulgar wheat and watercress
> > and a red wine mayonaise.
> > 2002 Nickel and Nickel Sori Bricco Merlot-bright red raspberry and
> > blackberry with plenty of cassis. *Soft sweet fruit and tannins.

> > Pan seared and roasted duck breast with haricots vert and barely with
> > a duck jus reduction.
> > 1998 Dujac Clos de La Roche-explosive burgundy nose sweet cherry and
> > mushroom. *Well balanced on the palate plenty of cherry, strawberry,
> > earthy mineral and a hint of cola.

> I assume you were able to order these by the glass, and you didn't
> have five bottles of wine. Very nice list of wines available by the
> glass.
>
> --
> Ken Blake
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Chave Blanc and Dujac CdLR on a btg menu would indeed be very nice!

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 29, 2:22�pm, Ken Blake >
wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 07:49:50 -0700 (PDT), "Bi!!" >
> wrote:
>

> > My wife and I are in vermont at Twin Farms for our 36th wedding
> > anniversary. �Last nights dinner and wines:

> > with passed roasted eggpalnt tarts, and smoked salmon and chevre
> > rillets:
> > Perrier Jouet NV Brut-nice soft fruit and brioche notes. �Crisp and
> > clean and refreshing.

> > Carmelized local cippolini onions atop marinated white anchovies:
> > 2004 Chave Hermitage Blanc-oily and powerful. �Orange zest, lychee
> > nut, vanilla, and peach.

> > Poached baby shrimp with kolarabi atop a fresh pea puree.(yum)
> > 2007 Heitz Sauvignon Blanc-Light clean and delicious. �A bit of fresh
> > mown grass and grapefruit.

> > Tasting of fresh heirloom tomatoes with bulgar wheat and watercress
> > and a red wine mayonaise.
> > 2002 Nickel and Nickel Sori Bricco Merlot-bright red raspberry and
> > blackberry with plenty of cassis. �Soft sweet fruit and tannins..

> > Pan seared and roasted duck breast with haricots vert and barely with
> > a duck jus reduction.
> > 1998 Dujac Clos de La Roche-explosive burgundy nose sweet cherry and
> > mushroom. �Well balanced on the palate plenty of cherry, strawberry,
> > earthy mineral and a hint of cola.

> I assume you were able to order these by the glass, and you didn't
> have five bottles of wine. Very nice list of wines available by the
> glass.
>
> --
> Ken Blake
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup- Hide quoted text -

The Chave and the Dujac were from a private stash the other wines
were poured for all of the guests.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:59:12 -0700 (PDT), "Bi!!" >
wrote:

> On Jun 29, 2:22?pm, Ken Blake >
> wrote:
> > On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 07:49:50 -0700 (PDT), "Bi!!" >
> > wrote:
> >

> > I assume you were able to order these by the glass, and you didn't
> > have five bottles of wine. Very nice list of wines available by the
> > glass.
> >
> > --
> > Ken Blake
> > Please Reply to the Newsgroup- Hide quoted text -

> The Chave and the Dujac were from a private stash the other wines
> were poured for all of the guests.

OK, thanks for the clarification.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Posted to alt.food.wine

Bi!! wrote:

> The Chave and the Dujac were from a private stash the other wines
> were poured for all of the guests.

That's a mighty nice private stash, Bill. As I've remarked before, you
*do* drink well. If there were an emoticon for drooling, I'd use it.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 29, 5:23�pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Bi!! wrote:
> > The Chave and the Dujac were �from a private stash the other wines
> > were poured for all of the guests.

> That's a mighty nice private stash, Bill. �As I've remarked before, you
> *do* drink well. �If there were an emoticon for drooling, I'd use it.
>
> Mark Lipton
>
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: �http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

I've been very fortunate to have started buying and storing 30 years
ago and my time in the wine biz (really an avocation) allowed me to
buy at two tiers down from retail from a number of sources. If you
ever make ot to Columbus....we have a small University here also...for
a conference etc. please let me know...I'm saving some Dujac for you!
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Godzilla Monster" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 07:49:50 -0700, Bi!! wrote:
>
>> My wife and I are in vermont at Twin Farms for our 36th wedding
>> anniversary. Last nights dinner and wines:
>>
>> with passed roasted eggpalnt tarts, and smoked salmon and chevre
>> rillets:
>> Perrier Jouet NV Brut-nice soft fruit and brioche notes. Crisp and
>> clean and refreshing.
>>
>> Carmelized local cippolini onions atop marinated white anchovies: 2004
>> Chave Hermitage Blanc-oily and powerful. Orange zest, lychee nut,
>> vanilla, and peach.
>>
>> Poached baby shrimp with kolarabi atop a fresh pea puree.(yum) 2007
>> Heitz Sauvignon Blanc-Light clean and delicious. A bit of fresh mown
>> grass and grapefruit.
>>
>> Tasting of fresh heirloom tomatoes with bulgar wheat and watercress and
>> a red wine mayonaise.
>> 2002 Nickel and Nickel Sori Bricco Merlot-bright red raspberry and
>> blackberry with plenty of cassis. Soft sweet fruit and tannins.
>>
>> Pan seared and roasted duck breast with haricots vert and barely with a
>> duck jus reduction.
>> 1998 Dujac Clos de La Roche-explosive burgundy nose sweet cherry and
>> mushroom. Well balanced on the palate plenty of cherry, strawberry,
>> earthy mineral and a hint of cola.

> What does "passed"roasted eggpalnt tarts mean? I criticize not the
> accidental noun spelling but cannot understand the verb usage???
>
> Godzilla

Perhaps it's a misspelling - "gassed" roasted eggplant tarts; i.e., using
gas vs. using electric????
Dee Dee

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 29, 11:52�pm, "Dee Randall" > wrote:
> "Godzilla Monster" > wrote in message

> > On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 07:49:50 -0700, Bi!! wrote:

> >> My wife and I are in vermont at Twin Farms for our 36th wedding
> >> anniversary. �Last nights dinner and wines:

> >> with passed roasted eggpalnt tarts, and smoked salmon and chevre
> >> rillets:
> >> Perrier Jouet NV Brut-nice soft fruit and brioche notes. �Crisp and
> >> clean and refreshing.

> >> Carmelized local cippolini onions atop marinated white anchovies: 2004
> >> Chave Hermitage Blanc-oily and powerful. �Orange zest, lychee nut,
> >> vanilla, and peach.

> >> Poached baby shrimp with kolarabi atop a fresh pea puree.(yum) 2007
> >> Heitz Sauvignon Blanc-Light clean and delicious. �A bit of fresh mown
> >> grass and grapefruit.

> >> Tasting of fresh heirloom tomatoes with bulgar wheat and watercress and
> >> a red wine mayonaise.
> >> 2002 Nickel and Nickel Sori Bricco Merlot-bright red raspberry and
> >> blackberry with plenty of cassis. �Soft sweet fruit and tannins.

> >> Pan seared and roasted duck breast with haricots vert and barely with a
> >> duck jus reduction.
> >> 1998 Dujac Clos de La Roche-explosive burgundy nose sweet cherry and
> >> mushroom. �Well balanced on the palate plenty of cherry, strawberry,
> >> earthy mineral and a hint of cola.

> > What does "passed"roasted eggpalnt tarts mean? I criticize not the
> > accidental noun spelling but cannot understand the verb usage???

> > Godzilla

> Perhaps it's a misspelling - "gassed" roasted eggplant tarts; i.e., using
> gas �vs. using electric????
> Dee Dee- Hide quoted text -

I guess you could not see my response....they were passed on platters
during the cocktail hour and were not part of the dinner menu. I only
mentioned them as "passed" because I had to guess at what they were
and there were a few that I missed due to the large variety.
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article >,
Mark Lipton > wrote:

> Bi!! wrote:
>
> > The Chave and the Dujac were from a private stash the other wines
> > were poured for all of the guests.

> That's a mighty nice private stash, Bill. As I've remarked before, you
> *do* drink well. If there were an emoticon for drooling, I'd use it.
>
> Mark Lipton

How about :-p~~~

:-)

Dinner Wines Bi!! Wine 0 27-09-2010 03:45 PM
Dinner Wines Bi!! Wine 0 14-12-2009 01:08 PM
Dinner Wines Bi!! Wine 9 05-04-2009 02:14 AM
Various wines with dinner Bi!! Wine 7 29-04-2008 02:49 PM
Vermont state wines Eric Reichenbach Wine 0 15-01-2004 07:43 AM