Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Roulot, Clapton & Winwood

We went to see Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood last night here in
Columbus and stopped at our favorite restaurant on the way for some
wine and apps. I ordered a bottle of 2004 Guy Roulot "Les Tessons"
Meursault to go with our crab cakes, scallops and escargot
appetizers. The wine was pale gold and coated the glass. Lots of
apple and pear notes on the palate with a well balanced acidity and
fruit profile. The wine was a B+ the concert was an A+.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 16, 11:49*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> We went to see Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood last night here in
> Columbus and stopped at our favorite restaurant on the way for some
> wine and apps. I ordered a bottle of 2004 Guy Roulot "Les Tessons"
> Meursault to go with our crab cakes, scallops and escargot
> appetizers. *The wine was pale gold and coated the glass. *Lots of
> apple and pear notes on the palate with a well balanced acidity and
> fruit profile. *The wine was a B+ the concert was an A+.

One of the guys last night is in the biz, a consultant for mostly high
end collectors. He was saying most of them look at him like he's crazy
when he says he prefers Roulot to Coche Drury.
So, they did some Blind Faith? Was rest split between their history?
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 16, 3:06�pm, DaleW > wrote:
> On Jun 16, 11:49�am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
>
> > We went to see Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood last night here in
> > Columbus and stopped at our favorite restaurant on the way for some
> > wine and apps. I ordered a bottle of 2004 Guy Roulot "Les Tessons"
> > Meursault to go with our crab cakes, scallops and escargot
> > appetizers. �The wine was pale gold and coated the glass. �Lots of
> > apple and pear notes on the palate with a well balanced acidity and
> > fruit profile. �The wine was a B+ the concert was an A+.

> One of the guys last night is in the biz, a consultant for mostly high
> end collectors. He was saying most of them look at him like he's crazy
> when he says he prefers Roulot to Coche Drury.
> So, they did some Blind Faith? Was rest split between their history?

The wines are certainly different animals. I prefer the Coche-Dury
but one could make a compelling argument for either one. Roulot makes
a pretty good Marc from chardonnay as well. They did a little Blind
Faith, and a lot of there own stuff. Overall it was very well done
and having seen EC about 20 times it might be the best I've heard him
play yet.
http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live...n.html?sid=101

TN: 2007 Roulot Bourgogne DaleW Wine 1 29-01-2010 07:08 PM
TN: Roulot bourgogne DaleW Wine 0 28-10-2009 06:57 PM
TN: Wine with Capon (Mugnier, Suduiraut, Roulot) Dale Williams Wine 4 12-01-2005 11:17 PM
TN: Wine with Capon (Mugnier, Suduiraut, Roulot) Dale Williams Wine 0 10-01-2005 10:27 PM
TN: Roulot and several Oz wines Dale Williams Wine 2 26-09-2004 09:03 AM