Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Cuisinart SM-55 5-1/2-Quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer, White

List Price:$550.00
Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000ON4B3U
Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000ON4B3U

I did a lot of research before making my purchase. Thanks mostly to the reviewers on this site (as well as two cooking webistes), I chose the Cuisinart SM-55. I have been using my Cuisinart Stand Mixer for almost 3 months now. I am VERY happy with this product. Thanks to all who wrote in to express their opinions.I make two loaves of bread - white, whole wheat or French - every other week. I also make quick breads with dried fruits and nuts in them as well as several dozen cookies every month. And of course, there are mashed potatoes every week. This mixer handles it all with ease.I love the slow start feature, the fold speed and the timer. Even the splash guard is well-thought out and useful. The bowl never jams on the stand and is always easy to remove. Clean up is a breeze.I haven't been as pleased with it on the few occasions I made a batter for pancakes or cupcakes. When I do that, I often have to stop the mixer to scrape the sides or the bottom of the bowl. I'm sure that will change as I learn more about how to use the Cuisinart properly. Still because of that I would have to say that people who use a mixer only a few times a year or mostly for light work - meringues, cakes, even mashed potatoes - might find this is more mixer than they really need. There are prettier and less expensive models that will work just fine for them.I love that this is such a sturdy machine. It doesn't vibrate or move on the counter. I never worry that it might fall off the edge, even if it's kneading a double batch of dough. It is relatively quiet (Although really, does anyone expect a power tool to be quiet?. The metal gear box and the great warranty were two of the things that made me choose Cuisinart over the other brands.I haven't purchased any of the attachments because I already own a Cuisinart food processor and a Cuisinart blender. I'm happy with both of those products, too!The bottom line is this: for the kind of heavy doughs I make most often, the Cuisinart SM-55 is the perfect machine. I think I made a really good choice.
This is my first stand mixer but I did plenty of research first. I finally decided on a Cuisinart over a Kithen Aid because of it. I've used this mixer every day since I got it and haven't found a fault yet. I do admit "folding" in flour while mixing is going to be a learned art, but it's a minor problem. My altered "monster cookie" receipe, which is thicker than bread dough (uses honey, oats and granola) didn't even slow my new mixer down. From meatballs to brownies it's been a champ. I'm very pleased with this purchase.
I am very pleased with the quality of this mixer. It is well worth the money. The automatic timer is a nice feature. If you want a good solid machine this is the one. I am so glad that I purchased this.
My daughter is an avid cook(unlike her Mom , and it's been her dream to own a stand mixer. As soon as she got the mixer, she could not stop baking;; a very, very happy bride-to-be
I bought this mixer about a year ago and I absolutely love it. I originally purchased it so I could make pizzeria style pizza dough. It was recommended by THE ULTIMATE PIZZA MANUAL: MAKE PIZZA LIKE THE PROS...USED TO! and The Art of Pizza Making: Trade Secrets and Recipes both of which I highly recommend if you're interested in pizza making. Since my purchase I have made bread, pizzas, cookies, muffins, souffles, the list goes on and on. The mixer does the job every time. I do suggest reading the manual that comes with and using it as a reference when making something new so you put it on the appropriate speed and use the appropriate attachment. I love the slow start as it prevents a suddenly cloud of flour that you can get when using other mixers. I have not bought any of the additional special attachments (like the pasta maker or juicer etc) as I haven't had a need for them. All in all this is a fabulous mixer that does what it says it does.
Cuisinart is changing the way the world mixes. This phenomenal new stand mixer delivers more power, more capacity, and more options--and it comes with the best name in the business.

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Cuisinart SM-BL Blender Attachment for Cuisinart Stand Mixer, White:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000ON1A4I
Cuisinart SM-FP Food-Processor Attachment for Cuisinart Stand Mixer, White:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000ON65CU
Cuisinart SM-MG Large Meat-Grinder Attachment for Cuisinart Stand Mixer, White:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000MTIJGG