Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Seriously good Kabinett

Saturday was just a beer at a Korean place before we went to see "The
Soloist" with another couple. Sunday Betsy browned some smoked pork
chops and made a sauce with cider, mustard and vinegar, served with
green beans and salad. Wine was the Willi Schaefer Graacher Domprobst
Riesling Kabinett . Bright, bracing, and beautiful, this is what I
look for in Kabinett (and I liked this better than its widely
acclaimed Spatlese brother tried a few months ago). Crisp Fuji and
Granny Smith apple fruit, a little white nectarine, loads of slatey
minerality on the finish. Crisp and zippy acids, balanced sweetness,
this 8% abv beauty vanishes quickly. This could age, but why? A-

*

Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 18, 4:01*pm, DaleW > wrote:
> Saturday was just a beer at *a Korean place before we went to see "The
> Soloist" with another couple. Sunday Betsy browned some smoked pork
> chops and made a sauce with cider, mustard and vinegar, served with
> green beans and salad. Wine was the Willi Schaefer Graacher Domprobst
> Riesling Kabinett . Bright, bracing, and beautiful, this is what I
> look for in Kabinett (and I liked this better than its widely
> acclaimed Spatlese brother tried a *few months ago). Crisp Fuji and
> Granny Smith apple fruit, a little white nectarine, loads of slatey
> minerality on the finish. Crisp and zippy acids, balanced sweetness,
> this 8% abv beauty vanishes quickly. This could age, but why? A-
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
> *

OOPS!
2007

[TN] Gysler Kabinett Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 2 20-12-2009 06:44 AM
TN: Meulenhof Kabinett DaleW Wine 1 13-01-2009 06:02 PM
TN '04 Vollrads Kabinett Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 4 28-06-2007 02:35 AM
TN Gunderloch Kabinett DaleW Wine 0 27-06-2007 06:49 AM
TN: Grünhauser Herrenberg Kabinett Jim Wine 0 24-11-2005 02:47 PM