Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Disappointing Ramonet

Dinner was a roast herbed chicken, salad with yellow beets, and brown
rice; wine was the 2006 Domaine Ramonet Bourgogne Blanc. I often find
the basic regional bottlings from great producers to be a nice glimpse
of the lineup (Lafarge and Chevillon Bourgogne rouge, Leflaive blanc,
etc) but Ramonet wins no prizes here. I've liked the Ramonet upper
tier wines, but this was not good QPR even at $20 sale price. Fat,
lightly woody, quite short. Canned pears with a touch of vanilla
extract. Drinkable. C+/B-

*
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Apr 21, 9:27�am, DaleW > wrote:
> Dinner was a roast herbed chicken, salad with yellow beets, and brown
> rice; wine was the 2006 Domaine Ramonet Bourgogne Blanc. I often find
> the basic regional bottlings from great producers to be a nice glimpse
> of the lineup (Lafarge and Chevillon Bourgogne rouge, Leflaive blanc,
> etc) but Ramonet wins no prizes here. I've liked the Ramonet upper
> tier wines, but this was not good QPR even at $20 sale price. Fat,
> lightly woody, quite short. Canned pears with a touch of vanilla
> extract. Drinkable. C+/B-
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
> �

You know Dale, I've been a bit dissapointed in Ramonet's recent
releases. They seem to be missing the mark a bit and given the prices
on their 1er and GC's they should be better.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Apr 21, 9:48*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> On Apr 21, 9:27 am, DaleW > wrote:
>
> > Dinner was a roast herbed chicken, salad with yellow beets, and brown
> > rice; wine was the 2006 Domaine Ramonet Bourgogne Blanc. I often find
> > the basic regional bottlings from great producers to be a nice glimpse
> > of the lineup (Lafarge and Chevillon Bourgogne rouge, Leflaive blanc,
> > etc) but Ramonet wins no prizes here. I've liked the Ramonet upper
> > tier wines, but this was not good QPR even at $20 sale price. Fat,
> > lightly woody, quite short. Canned pears with a touch of vanilla
> > extract. Drinkable. C+/B-

> > Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> > wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> > drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> > promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
> >

> You know Dale, I've been a bit dissapointed in Ramonet's recent
> releases. *They seem to be missing the mark a bit and given the prices
> on their 1er and GC's they should be better.

I haven't had any recent releases, but had excellent (non-PremOxed)
'99 Vergers last year. A couple Batards and BBMs rank among my
favorite white Burgs ever. Too bad if they are slipping (especially at
those prices!)
Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW > wrote in news:501c2c85-e513-4492-97a3-f337a782fa45
@z14g2000yqa.googlegroups.com:

> Dinner was a roast herbed chicken, salad with yellow beets, and brown
> rice; wine was the 2006 Domaine Ramonet Bourgogne Blanc. I often find
> the basic regional bottlings from great producers to be a nice glimpse
> of the lineup (Lafarge and Chevillon Bourgogne rouge, Leflaive blanc,
> etc) but Ramonet wins no prizes here. I've liked the Ramonet upper
> tier wines, but this was not good QPR even at $20 sale price. Fat,
> lightly woody, quite short. Canned pears with a touch of vanilla
> extract. Drinkable. C+/B-

I have not had luck with white Burgundy from 2006, at all levels (Villages,
Premier Crus and my only Montrachet from Marc Colin was a nice wine but not
up to its price tag).

I like 2007 better (have tasted too little yet).

I only own a couple of Ramonet PCs from 2005 (single bottles), hope they do
not get premoxed.

Best,

s.

2004 Ramonet and 1998 Lafite Bi!! Wine 2 25-10-2010 03:25 PM
Disappointing pull Tim[_12_] Barbecue 10 13-06-2009 06:12 AM
Disappointing dinner Nick Cramer Diabetic 7 04-07-2008 09:57 AM
TN: disappointing Bachelet DaleW Wine 0 08-08-2005 03:16 PM
TN: pushing the limit on aging, plus Ramonet Chassagne, Bogle, more Dale Williams Wine 5 09-11-2003 06:11 PM