Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 3 moderately priced ($10-20) French wines

After feasting Sunday afternoon, we had a late dinner of leftovers
that evening, with the 2007*Pernot Bourgogne blanc. Good concentration
and depth for a simple Bourgogne, white fruits, earth, a little
hazelnut note (though I doubt this sees any new oak). Nice balance
between the ripe apple/pear fruit and the acids that give it backbone,
lovely for the level. Holds up well over 3 days. B+

Tuesday was a chicken and vegetables in parchment dish, with the 2007
Clos Roche Blanche Sauvignon #2 (Touraine). After a somewhat flat and
disappointing last bottle, this was back on form.Lemon and melon
fruit, a light grassy note, not big but with nice clean flavors. B+/B

Wednesday prepped a broccoli/pepper dish and some quinoa for me to
finish, I also cooked some smoked pork chops in white wine. When she
got home, we enjoyed with the 2007 Nudant "La Chapelle Notre Dame"
Bourgogne rouge. New producer to me, but a clean straightforward
pinot. Sweet strawberry and cherry fruit, a bit of funky earth (a hint
of brett? wasn't sure), good acidity. Light bodied, nothing complex
but certainly enjoyable. B

*

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article
DaleW > wrote:

> After feasting Sunday afternoon, we had a late dinner of leftovers
> that evening, with the 2007*Pernot Bourgogne blanc. Good concentration
> and depth for a simple Bourgogne, white fruits, earth, a little
> hazelnut note (though I doubt this sees any new oak). Nice balance
> between the ripe apple/pear fruit and the acids that give it backbone,
> lovely for the level. Holds up well over 3 days. B+
>
> Tuesday was a chicken and vegetables in parchment dish, with the 2007
> Clos Roche Blanche Sauvignon #2 (Touraine). After a somewhat flat and
> disappointing last bottle, this was back on form.Lemon and melon
> fruit, a light grassy note, not big but with nice clean flavors. B+/B
>
> Wednesday prepped a broccoli/pepper dish and some quinoa for me to
> finish, I also cooked some smoked pork chops in white wine. When she
> got home, we enjoyed with the 2007 Nudant "La Chapelle Notre Dame"
> Bourgogne rouge. New producer to me, but a clean straightforward
> pinot. Sweet strawberry and cherry fruit, a bit of funky earth (a hint
> of brett? wasn't sure), good acidity. Light bodied, nothing complex
> but certainly enjoyable. B
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
> *

Have you seen much bottle variability in Clos Roche before? I have not
experienced that.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Apr 16, 3:10*pm, Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>

> *DaleW > wrote:
> > After feasting Sunday afternoon, we had a late dinner of leftovers
> > that evening, with the 2007*Pernot Bourgogne blanc. Good concentration
> > and depth for a simple Bourgogne, white fruits, earth, a little
> > hazelnut note (though I doubt this sees any new oak). Nice balance
> > between the ripe apple/pear fruit and the acids that give it backbone,
> > lovely for the level. Holds up well over 3 days. B+

> > Tuesday was a chicken and vegetables in parchment dish, with the 2007
> > Clos Roche Blanche Sauvignon #2 (Touraine). *After a somewhat flat and
> > disappointing last bottle, this was back on form.Lemon and melon
> > fruit, a light grassy note, not big but with nice clean flavors. B+/B

> > Wednesday prepped a broccoli/pepper dish and some quinoa for me to
> > finish, I also cooked some smoked pork chops in white wine. When she
> > got home, we enjoyed with the 2007 Nudant "La Chapelle Notre Dame"
> > Bourgogne rouge. New producer to me, but a clean straightforward
> > pinot. Sweet strawberry and cherry fruit, a bit of funky earth (a hint
> > of brett? wasn't sure), good acidity. Light bodied, nothing complex
> > but certainly enjoyable. B

> > Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> > wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> > drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> > promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
> > *

> Have you seen much bottle variability in Clos Roche before? I have not
> experienced that.

nom most of the CRBs (of various grape varieties) have been pretty
consistent, just one off bottle of this. Who knows, maybe I was
getting a cold or something- taster error is as likely as bottle
variation