FoodBanter.com

-   -   1984 Diamond Creek Lake Vineyard (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/170773-1984-diamond-creek-lake.html)

Bi!! 11-04-2009 01:38 PM

1984 Diamond Creek Lake Vineyard

I opened my last bottle of 1984 Diamond Creek Lake Vineyard last
night. Lake is a very small parcel at Diamond Creek comprised of 3/4
acre of Cabernet and becasue of it's location at the end of a small
valley forming a bowl around the vineyard, it's quite cool. DC has
only made a Lake bottling seven times since 1972. The wine wasshowing
a little age in the glass with a bit of brickish color. Very perfumed
and floral nose with sandalwood, asian spice and red currants. Smooth
and elegant on the palate and extremely Bordeaux like. Lot's of
cedar, leather and tobacco notes with a fair amount of cherry, currant
and red berry flavors. The wine faded quickly and evolved with each
sip. I served it blind and three tasted guessed older Chateau Margaux
independantly. Dink it if you have it. "A"