Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2002 Colgin Cariad Napa Red WIne

A musician friend of mine called and said he was in the area on tour
and he and his lovely wife usually stay with us for a few days to get
a break from hotels when on tour. He brought a bottle of 2002 Colgin
Cariad Napa Proprietary Red Wine,a blend of Cabernet (60%), Merlot
(30%) with a dash of Cab Franc and Petite Verdot making up the balance
of the blend. I stopped at Whole Foods for dry aged rib eyes and
threw them on the grill with appropriate sides. The wine was smooth
and seamless. Lots of black cherry and exotic spice notes with just a
touch of leather. Quite concentrated and a bit more oak than I prefer
but the wine was quite good even though it's not a stule I prefer. "A"

2002 Caymus SS Napa Cabernet Bi!! Wine 3 09-06-2015 01:45 PM
Two Classic 2002 Napa Cabs Bi!! Wine 3 16-07-2013 06:35 PM
2002 Dominus Napa Valley Cab Bi!! Wine 0 07-06-2012 03:19 PM
2002 Flora Springs 25th Anniversary Napa Cabernet Sauvignon. Bi!! Wine 3 15-05-2012 11:25 PM
2002 Palmaz Napa Valley Cabernet Suvignon Bi!! Wine 0 06-09-2011 03:14 PM