Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Cribbage and Wine

Afternoon late lunch and cribbage tournament notes.

2004 Champelou Le Portail Vouvray – a hint of sulphur and wax in the
nose, then some floral elements. Well balanced with tasty acidity
coming in almost too late.

2004 Dom. de la Charbonniere CNduP Blanc – lots of citrus in the nose,
bright wine and fairly well balanced, but ultimately, for me,
uninteresting.

1993 Terrabanca Campaccio – browing edges and very mature nose, but
still kicking with earthiness and a mellow mid palate. Pleasant, but
nowhere near as good as the 1990 Reserve we had recently.

1998 Macchiole (95% sangio, 5% merlot – going by memory here). Nice
ripish nose, ver decent fruit and a long finish that was quite smooth.

2001 Macchiole – obviously younger nose with slightly fresher fruit,
though a bit less complexity, over all very nice and probably the
superior wine. My host’s secondary impression of vinous lassitude was
traced to his inadvertent adulteration of this wine with the 1993 when
topping up, his inattention no doubt induced by a nasty cribbage
defeat at the hands of a lady card shark.

1994 Taurino Patriglione – made with dried grapes, this also had a
quite ripe nose, was quite dark and showed some cocoa in the nose. A
very nice smooth cheese wine.

My early luck at cribbage was followed by a thrashing at the hands of
said female shark. A rematch is in order! Very pleasant afternoon –
until it started seriously snowing and the designated driver declared
herself a non-snow capable driver.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Bill wrote on Mon, 9 Mar 2009 07:48:22 -0700 (PDT):

>Afternoon late lunch and cribbage tournament notes.

Sounds tame compared to the days when I played bridge with friends and
an adequate supply of liquor. It was the only time I made 7 no-trump
doubled!

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to alt.food.wine

"James Silverton" > skrev i melding
> Sounds tame compared to the days when I played bridge with friends and an
> adequate supply of liquor. It was the only time I made 7 no-trump doubled!

Reminds me of when I as a beginner was given the following hand: Spades
A,K,Q,J,10,9,7,5,2 and Diamonds A,K,Q,J! No liquor, just coffee :-)
Bewildered, this neophyte managed to bid 2 clubs, partner said 2 spades and
I jumped to 7 spades.
Anders

Cribbage Wines Bill S. Wine 0 29-12-2011 06:17 PM
"While the more experienced wine drinkers might describe this wine asbeing too simple and not complex enough, millions of new wine drinkers aroundthe world love it and it does play an important role by bringing new winedrinkers into the market e [email protected] Wine 0 08-02-2009 03:49 AM
a fine Australian wine merchant/buy Australian wine online - award winning wine bailey Wine 4 12-01-2005 03:32 PM
a fine Australian wine merchant/buy Australian wine online - award winning wine bailey Winemaking 0 12-01-2005 03:15 AM
a fine Australian wine merchant/buy Australian wine online - award winning wine bailey Wine 0 12-01-2005 02:58 AM