Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Chablis and Chianti

With a load of leftovers, the 2007 Vincent Mothe Chablis. This was a
full bottle, half of which was free! I had picked up an order from
Zachys, when I got home realized they had given me a 750 instead of a
375, sent note to say they could charge difference or I could bring
back bottle, they said don't worry, just enjoy. Well, that's nice! I
was glad I had more than 375 ml. I found this more to my taste than
the 2005 of this, some clean and vibrant acidity under a core of pure
ripe white fruit. This doesn't seem to have true classic Chablis
minerality , neither chalk nor flint, but it is a very nice glass of
unoaked Chardonnay. B

Neither of us had time to cook last night, so a pizza from local
joint, with the 2005 Fattoria Viticcio Chianti Classico. Warm ripe
cherries and plums, on the rounder side of Chianti, could use some
more acidic vim and vigor. Still, it's clean and unflawed, and it was
$5. B-/C+, but still ok value.

*

Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Chablis and Chianti

"DaleW" > wrote in message

Neither of us had time to cook last night, so a pizza from local
joint, with the 2005 Fattoria Viticcio Chianti Classico. Warm ripe
cherries and plums, on the rounder side of Chianti, could use some
more acidic vim and vigor. Still, it's clean and unflawed, and it was
$5. B-/C+, but still ok value.

I bought 2005 Viticcio Chianti Classico bought 5-9-08 $14.99. My notes.
"Don't buy again. There is a 2004 Viticcio on site that RP's advocate gives
88 points on sale for $29.99."

I did buy a 2004, but alas, no remarks were made, other than "headaches).

Here are my notes for 2006 Viticcio Chianti Classico $14.99 bought 5-9-08. .
"Let's see if 2006 is as bad as 2005. No, it's pretty good."

Good thing I have my PDA when I go wine shopping - it can be a blur ~~~~~~~~

Dee Dee

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mar 1, 1:28*pm, "Dee Randall" > wrote:
> "DaleW" > wrote in message

> Neither of us had time to cook last night, so a pizza from local
> joint, with the 2005 Fattoria Viticcio Chianti Classico. Warm ripe
> cherries and plums, on the rounder side of Chianti, could use some
> more acidic vim and vigor. Still, it's clean and unflawed, and it was
> $5. B-/C+, but still ok value.
>
> I bought 2005 Viticcio Chianti Classico bought 5-9-08 $14.99. *My notes..
> "Don't buy again. *There is a 2004 Viticcio on site that RP's advocate gives
> 88 points on sale for $29.99."
>
> I did buy a 2004, but alas, no remarks were made, other than "headaches).
>
> Here are my notes for 2006 Viticcio Chianti Classico $14.99 bought 5-9-08.. .
> "Let's see if 2006 is as bad as 2005. *No, it's pretty good."
>
> Good thing I have my PDA when I go wine shopping - it can be a blur ~~~~~~~~
>
> Dee Dee

I wouldn't be a buyer of the '05 at $15. I got a case for $60, at that
price I'm fine with no major flaws, useful for cooking wine, etc

TN: Mostly Rioja, + Chablis, Champers, Chianti, PN DaleW Wine 1 13-03-2017 09:42 AM
TN: $5 Chianti DaleW Wine 0 22-08-2008 04:38 PM
TN: '05 Chianti DaleW Wine 0 23-01-2008 11:22 PM
Chianti Classico Tasting.. Great Chianti's and an AMAZING Vin Santo Wildetuinn Wine 0 15-09-2006 08:06 AM
Chianti Erik Hornung Wine 18 05-02-2004 11:57 PM