FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: 2 white Burgs (1 DOA, 1 lively) (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/166090-tn-2-white-burgs.html)

DaleW 28-12-2008 06:19 PM

TN: 2 white Burgs (1 DOA, 1 lively)

Saturday I made a quick appearance at a Kimya Dawson benefit concert,
then headed home where Betsy had the lobsters ($4.99/lb!) waiting to
be boiled. A nice dish of lobster over egg noodles with sherry/herbish
hollandaise, with peas and beet greens on side. First I opened the
1996
Remi Jobard "Sous La Velle" Meursault . A little apple and
butterscotch, but as it hit the air the color quickly darkened, and
maderized/apple peel odors soon dominated. I'm reluctant to call this
PremOx, not really a wine to hold for more than a decade, we'll just
call it dead. C-

Replacement wine was the 2001 R & V Dauvissat "La Forest" Chablis 1er.
This was bright and lively, seashells and lemon with good length. Some
mineral notes, quite pleasant. Fruit could use a little more
lusciousness, but a good food wine. Currently on sale at $45, I find
that fair but not a special bargain.B+