Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Supertuscan and Auxey

Wednesday we were both beat, and pizza seemed the best option. I
picked up a sausage and mushroom pie, and opened the 2004 Terrabianca
Campaccio (Toscano IGT). Black cherries and plums, fresh acidity,
showing a bit too much toasty oak for me. Pretty decent wine, a little
too modern, but good length and concentration. B

Thursday she made roast chicken with roasted beets and roasted
potatoes with garlic, along with a green salad (which was not
roasted). Wine was the 1999 Lafouge " La Chapelle" Auxey-Duresses
1er. Pretty floral/cherry blossom nose,but quite thin at first. With
air it put on some weight, though still on the lighter side for '99.
Fresh raspberries and a dollop of kirsch, some baking spices. Not
especially long, could use a bit more oomph, but pretty enough, and a
good backdrop for the food. Gets earthy and a bit richer later in
evening. It's possible this is just tight and needs more time. B/B+

*

TN: SOBER goes all over, I like a Port, Champagne, SuperTuscan, etc DaleW Wine 3 30-05-2009 12:47 AM
TN: Bdx, RIesling, CdP, Champagne and SuperTuscan at Afghan KebabHouse DaleW Wine 4 22-02-2009 02:48 AM
TN: 1995 Auxey DaleW Wine 2 18-03-2008 06:07 PM
TN: Great white & red Burgs, Bdx, with a SuperTuscan, Nebbiolo, etc DaleW Wine 0 20-08-2006 09:28 AM
Auxey-Duresses '94 Michael Bartlett Wine 4 20-12-2003 02:56 PM