FoodBanter.com

-   -   '04 Anne Gros Richebourg (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/165671-04-anne-gros-richebourg.html)

Bi!! 19-12-2008 04:33 PM

'04 Anne Gros Richebourg

I went to a trade holiday tasting last night and I won't bore with the
plethora of uninteresting plonk that was being poured but a friend
pulled me aside and handed me a glass of 2004 Anne Gros Richebourg. I
could smell this wine for hours. Perfect pinot fruit nose of ripe
cherry, asian spices and earth. The wine was fresh and complex with
sappy upfront strawberry and cherry notes a touch of vanilla and
anise. There was a background green streak on the finish that I've
found in some other '04's but not enought ot detract. Really good
stuff. "A"