FoodBanter.com

-   -   1994 Guigal Cote Rotie Brune et Blonde (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/164691-1994-guigal-cote-rotie.html)

Bill S. 30-11-2008 07:12 PM

1994 Guigal Cote Rotie Brune et Blonde

This wine was my answer to the seasonal question of what wine goes
with turkey. This one certainly did.

Mature colour with good density, the nose a very nice white pepper
and fruit melange, good acidity, well integrated, and decent length.
This has no tannin left and should be drunk over the next couple of
years

More fruit than the last bottle I had.

JB 02-12-2008 12:37 AM

1994 Guigal Cote Rotie Brune et Blonde

What about having an aroma/flavor of pepper? Was that still present?

Bill S. 02-12-2008 10:41 PM

On Dec 1, 4:37*pm, "JB" > wrote:
> What about having an aroma/flavor of pepper? Was that still present?

Flavour, not really. And in the nose, white rather than black pepper.
I'll haul out another bottle of the 1995 soon and see how it is doing.

Could have done it for next Friday's lunch but I have something better
planned....:-)

JB 03-12-2008 12:18 AM

1994 Guigal Cote Rotie Brune et Blonde

Brune et Blonde was one of the early wines I tasted that showed me what a
wine could be. It's still one of my favorites. I believe the 1999 vintage
was Wine Spectators Wine of the Year a few years back.