Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Thanksgiving wine for the alcohol sensitive

Any suggestions on a low alcohol wine? I can drink lite beer but not a
normal one without a burning stomach.

Len

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Len" > skrev i melding
> Any suggestions on a low alcohol wine? I can drink lite beer but not a
> normal one without a burning stomach.

Lambrusco di Sorbara from Italy, 9-10%alc
A German sweet white wine (look for Auslese or Spätlese on the label); down
to 8% alc or even less

Most labels will state alcohol content and you may ask in the shops what
they can offer. You won't get lower than the mentioned wines, however.
Normal beer is 5%..., but are you sure that the alcohol is the cause of your
problem?
Anders

Posted to alt.food.wine

Anders wrote on Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:26:31 +0100:

> "Len" > skrev i melding
>> Any suggestions on a low alcohol wine? I can drink lite beer but not
>> a normal one without a burning stomach.
>>

> Lambrusco di Sorbara from Italy, 9-10%alc
> A German sweet white wine (look for Auslese or Spätlese on the
> label); down to 8% alc or even less

There are alcohol-free "wines" and they are not undrinkable even if I
don't have to worry about that. I think the alcohol is extracted from
real wines to produce the product. I have also seen ciders and perrys
that have undergone the secondary fermentation of champagne but they
might be a little high in alcohol.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 23:16:55 -0500, "Len" > wrote:

> Any suggestions on a low alcohol wine? I can drink lite beer but not a
> normal one without a burning stomach.

Normal beer is usually around 5%. If 5% alcohol bothers your stomach,
you're out of luck with all wine, since the alcohol is never anywhere
near that low.

Although you can find some "wines" that have something close to 0%
alcohol, in my experience they are all terrible, and taste nothing
like wine.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Posted to alt.food.wine

thanks for the help, as always my guests will have nice wine while I watch
and drink a coke.

len

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 26, 6:03�pm, "Len" > wrote:
> thanks for the help, as always my guests will have nice wine while I watch
> and drink a coke.
>
> len
>
> ** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

Not a doctor but have you tried Prilosec or one of the OTC acid
reducers? I haven't had heartburn or indigestion in years since I
started taking Prilosec before a night of overt consumption.