Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Loire red, Saar Riesling, Vouvray

Over couple nights, first night with leftover venison, second with
sausages, both nights with baby bok choy braised in Sauternes and duck
fat (I was trying to clean out fridge) and herbed pan roasted
potatoes:

2005 Filliatreau "Vieilles Vignes" Saumur-Champigny
This is really lovely, black raspberry and plum fruit, a mocha note,
plenty of damp earth. Medium-bodied, good length, clean and
refreshing. This could probably use some time, but really nice now. B+

2007 van Volxem Saar Riesling
Tasted right after some blackberries, seems bitter. But given a fair
shake it comes across as a pleasant just off-dry Riesling. Citrusy
notes of grapefruit and some stone fruit, pleasant if not compelling.

1999 Domaine des Aubuisieres "Cuvee de Silex" Vouvray
Thought this OTH at first, but the oxidative notes calmed down. Not
quite demi-sec, let's call sec-tendre, apple cider and some waxy/wooly
notes. OK, maybe even good, but on level of a lot of base Vouvrays.
Just a glass of this, rest is going to be wasted (I'm going away),
but what the hell it ws $10. B-

*