Posted to alt.food.wine

Default AFW - Truly International !

Tomorrow, SWMBO and I drive through to Auckland City to collect Joe & Bev
Coulter (AFWer from Florida) who are spending a few days with us here in
springtime in NZ.

So, it will be a little touring, some beaches and forests and some wining
and dining in this very laid back part of New Zealand.

Then, next Wednesday, after I deliver them to Auckland International Airport
for their trip back to the US; I shall board a flight to pursue them to
LAX - before I transfer to an onward flight to the UK.

The primary reason for this hastily arranged trip is to be a spectator at a
couple of rugby union matches in London, and to catch up with some very good
friends (friendships extending over 40 years!) and to consume some NZ
Sauvignon and Pinot.

However, in the township of Dorridge, West Midlands in England, I shall join
with fellow AFWer John Taverner and others in a France vs NZ taste-test
(three youngish NZ reds 1 x Pinot Noir, 1 x Syrah and 1 x Bordeaux blend vs
the equivalent - in age and variety, from France).

No winners / no losers / just the amazing fellowship which exists within
this group.

Cheers everyone!

--

st.helier

Posted to alt.food.wine

> However, in the township of Dorridge, West Midlands in England, I shall
> join with fellow AFWer John Taverner and others in a France vs NZ
> taste-test (three youngish NZ reds 1 x Pinot Noir, 1 x Syrah and 1 x
> Bordeaux blend vs the equivalent - in age and variety, from France).

Wines ready M'lud, I think we may have the French blind.

OT, My team against NZ tomorrow, a glass of Claret or two!!!

JT... from Township Dorridge

Posted to alt.food.wine

"John T" wrote .....

> Wines ready M'lud, I think we may have the French blind.

Maybe all blind (screwcap may be a dead giveaway though!)

> OT, My team against NZ tomorrow, a glass of Claret or two!!!

Cymru will be no pushover - may well be defining match of grand slam!

Yes, OK - claret to the winner!

A B

Posted to alt.food.wine

st.helier wrote:
> Tomorrow, SWMBO and I drive through to Auckland City to collect Joe & Bev
> Coulter (AFWer from Florida) who are spending a few days with us here in
> springtime in NZ.
>
> So, it will be a little touring, some beaches and forests and some wining
> and dining in this very laid back part of New Zealand.
>
> Then, next Wednesday, after I deliver them to Auckland International Airport
> for their trip back to the US; I shall board a flight to pursue them to
> LAX - before I transfer to an onward flight to the UK.
>
> The primary reason for this hastily arranged trip is to be a spectator at a
> couple of rugby union matches in London, and to catch up with some very good
> friends (friendships extending over 40 years!) and to consume some NZ
> Sauvignon and Pinot.
>
> However, in the township of Dorridge, West Midlands in England, I shall join
> with fellow AFWer John Taverner and others in a France vs NZ taste-test
> (three youngish NZ reds 1 x Pinot Noir, 1 x Syrah and 1 x Bordeaux blend vs
> the equivalent - in age and variety, from France).
>
> No winners / no losers / just the amazing fellowship which exists within
> this group.

Sounds like much fun for all. Please give our best ot the peripatetic
Coulters, and likewise have a great time with young John in Dorridge.
We expect full accounts of all such encounters.

Mark Lipton

Max International - MaxGXL the flagship product of Max International.MaxGXL is your glutathione booster DAVID SMITH Barbecue 0 12-11-2009 10:53 AM
International Mix Tim Recipes 0 23-08-2005 10:23 PM
How Dare Could America Industrial Property Office Be In Conspiracy With Jungang International Patent Office To Make An Extravagant International Crime ? [email protected] General Cooking 0 26-05-2005 04:05 PM
How Dare Could America Industrial Property Office Be In Conspiracy With Jungang International Patent Office To Make An Extravagant International Crime ? [email protected] General Cooking 0 22-05-2005 05:47 PM