Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '05 Texier CdR

Opened tonight with a late dinner of pepperoni pizza following a Purdue
basketball game that I escorted Andrew to:

2005 Éric Texier Côtes du Rhône
nose: minerals, red fruit
palate: light body, crisp acidity, minerality, chalky tannins

The gaudy label of this wine is in stark contrast to the stoic
classicism of Texier's Dom. de Pergault wines, but the style is
consistent with other Texier wines. This'll probably improve with
another year in bottle, but the plastic cork will convince me to drink
this up sooner rather than later.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default '05 Texier CdR

On Nov 19, 12:25 pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Opened tonight with a late dinner of pepperoni pizza following a Purdue
> basketball game that I escorted Andrew to:
>
> 2005 Éric Texier Côtes du Rhône
> nose: minerals, red fruit
> palate: light body, crisp acidity, minerality, chalky tannins
>
> The gaudy label of this wine is in stark contrast to the stoic
> classicism of Texier's Dom. de Pergault wines, but the style is
> consistent with other Texier wines. This'll probably improve with
> another year in bottle, but the plastic cork will convince me to drink
> this up sooner rather than later.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Thanks for that note Mark. Sounds very tasty - I've heard lots about
Texier, and reckon I should try some of his wine soon. Just curious -
any experience with his Cote Roties?

Cheers,

Salil
Posted to alt.food.wine

Salil wrote:

> Thanks for that note Mark. Sounds very tasty - I've heard lots about
> Texier, and reckon I should try some of his wine soon. Just curious -
> any experience with his Cote Roties?

Nope, never come across one in my various forays, just his Brézème and
this. There is an interesting note about a '99 Texier C-R on Disorder,
though.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 18, 11:25�pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Opened tonight with a late dinner of pepperoni pizza following a Purdue
> basketball game that I escorted Andrew to:
>
> 2005 �ric Texier C�tes du Rh�ne
> nose: minerals, red fruit
> palate: light body, crisp acidity, minerality, chalky tannins
>
> The gaudy label of this wine is in stark contrast to the stoic
> classicism of Texier's Dom. de Pergault wines, but the style is
> consistent with other Texier wines. �This'll probably improve with
> another year in bottle, but the plastic cork will convince me to drink
> this up sooner rather than later.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: �http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

I really hate that label! Such a tasty straightforward wine, with a
label that looks like some marketing-driven juice. None of the other
Texier labels are like that. I think he's been on a roll recently.