Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Nahe QbA

With leftovers (capon, squash, quinoa, bok choy) on Tuesday the 2007
Emrich-Schonleber "Lenz "Riesling (Nahe). Well-done QbA, a bit off-dry
with moderate acidity. Some mineral notes (chalk and flint), limey
citrus fruit with a little cherry, nice length for the level. Not
especially exciting, but interesting enough I to make me want to try
their pradikat bottlings.B

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Oct 15, 9:09�am, DaleW > wrote:
> With leftovers (capon, squash, quinoa, bok choy) on Tuesday the 2007
> Emrich-Schonleber "Lenz "Riesling (Nahe). Well-done QbA, a bit off-dry
> with moderate acidity. Some mineral notes (chalk and flint), limey
> citrus fruit with a little cherry, nice length for the level. Not
> especially exciting, but interesting enough I to make me want to try
> their pradikat bottlings.B
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Dale-Just so you don't think your notes are written in vain, I often
try to find a bottle or two of stuff that you post notes on. I'm not
well versed in German and Austrian wines but I often find gems. I'm
also not too deep in Rhone, Langoudoc or Loire wines and forget about
the tiny apps. I'm pretty much over California for the most part and
still find a small producer here and there that I like espcially in
Oregon. Italy never ceases to amaze me and dissapoint me and Spain is
intriguing to me these days. Oz bores me for the most part (they all
seem to taste the same) but I'm really starting to find some
interesting stuff from NZ especially Pinot Noirs. Keep posting those
tns...please.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Nahe QbA

"DaleW" > skrev i melding
> With leftovers (capon, squash, quinoa, bok choy) on Tuesday the 2007
> Emrich-Schonleber "Lenz "Riesling (Nahe). Well-done QbA, a bit off-dry
> with moderate acidity. Some mineral notes (chalk and flint), limey
> citrus fruit with a little cherry, nice length for the level. Not
> especially exciting, but interesting enough I to make me want to try
> their pradikat bottlings.B

Hi Dale. This guy is actually unknown to me, never tasted a single
bottle..., but wein-plus puts him in the 5* rank - world class. Your
description matches their notes for that wine, only that you have cherry and
they peach :-) 84pts - very good (verging on excellent!) and better than
2006.
Now the highest points were given to
Halenberg, Riesling, Weißwein, QbA, Trocken, Großes Gewächs, 28.00 ? - 94
Frühlingsplätzchen, Riesling, Weißwein, QbA, Großes Gewächs, 26.00 ? - 91+
Halenberg, Riesling, Weißwein, QbA, Trocken, 16.00 ? - 89
Halenberg, Riesling, Weißwein, QbA, -R- 88+
Halenberg, Riesling, Weißwein, Auslese, 22.00 ? - 88
The BA and ice wine have not been tested yet
Anders
PS
The
Halenberg, Riesling, Weißwein, QbA, Trocken, Großes Gewächs, 24.00 ? 2006
has got 97+...., only outranked by 0.08% of all tested wines of the last 8
years
DS

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Oct 15, 2:16*pm, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> On Oct 15, 9:09 am, DaleW > wrote:
>
> > With leftovers (capon, squash, quinoa, bok choy) on Tuesday the 2007
> > Emrich-Schonleber "Lenz "Riesling (Nahe). Well-done QbA, a bit off-dry
> > with moderate acidity. Some mineral notes (chalk and flint), limey
> > citrus fruit with a little cherry, nice length for the level. Not
> > especially exciting, but interesting enough I to make me want to try
> > their pradikat bottlings.B

> > Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> > wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> > drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> > promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

> Dale-Just so you don't think your notes are written in vain, I often
> try to find a bottle or two of stuff that you post notes on. *I'm not
> well versed in German and Austrian wines but I often find gems. *I'm
> also not too deep in Rhone, Langoudoc or Loire wines and forget about
> the tiny apps. *I'm pretty much over California for the most part and
> still find a small producer here and there that I like espcially in
> Oregon. *Italy never ceases to amaze me and dissapoint me and Spain is
> intriguing to me these days. *Oz bores me for the most part (they all
> seem to taste the same) but I'm really starting to find some
> interesting stuff from NZ especially Pinot Noirs. *Keep posting those
> tns...please.

Bill,
don;t worry, my ego isn't so fragile I worry about posts w/o answers,
especially if they are on semi-obscure wines (if I post on a Lynch
Bages or Gruaud vertical, it's more likely someone will have an
opinion). I post because sometimes there is some discussion, plus this
gives me another place to search my own notes.
In any case, thanks for kind words. You need to come to NY so I can
try and mess with your preferences (though they match mine in lots of
ways).
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Oct 15, 3:48�pm, "Anders T�rneskog" >
wrote:
> "DaleW" > skrev i ...> With leftovers (capon, squash, quinoa, bok choy) on Tuesday the 2007
> > Emrich-Schonleber "Lenz "Riesling (Nahe). Well-done QbA, a bit off-dry
> > with moderate acidity. Some mineral notes (chalk and flint), limey
> > citrus fruit with a little cherry, nice length for the level. Not
> > especially exciting, but interesting enough I to make me want to try
> > their pradikat bottlings.B

> Hi Dale. �This guy is actually unknown to me, never tasted a single
> bottle..., but wein-plus puts him in the 5* rank - world class. �Your
> description matches their notes for that wine, only that you have cherry and
> they peach :-) 84pts - very good (verging on excellent!) and better than
> 2006.
> Now the highest points were given to
> Halenberg, Riesling, Wei�wein, QbA, Trocken, Gro�es Gew�chs, 28.00 ? - 94
> Fr�hlingspl�tzchen, Riesling, Wei�wein, QbA, Gro�es Gew�chs, 26.00 ? - 91+
> Halenberg, Riesling, Wei�wein, QbA, Trocken, 16.00 ? - 89
> Halenberg, Riesling, Wei�wein, QbA, -R- 88+
> Halenberg, Riesling, Wei�wein, Auslese, 22.00 ? - 88
> The BA and ice wine have not been tested yet
> Anders
> PS
> The
> Halenberg, Riesling, Wei�wein, QbA, Trocken, Gro�es Gew�chs, 24.00 ? 2006
> has got 97+...., only outranked by 0.08% of all tested wines of the last 8
> years
> DS

Unfortunately the Halenberg GG is .....$76 here!

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Oct 15, 9:09 pm, DaleW > wrote:
> With leftovers (capon, squash, quinoa, bok choy) on Tuesday the 2007
> Emrich-Schonleber "Lenz "Riesling (Nahe). Well-done QbA, a bit off-dry
> with moderate acidity. Some mineral notes (chalk and flint), limey
> citrus fruit with a little cherry, nice length for the level. Not
> especially exciting, but interesting enough I to make me want to try
> their pradikat bottlings.B

Sounds quite nice. Schonleber really does a great job with their dry
wines and their higher pradikats, and are definitely worth exploring.
From what I've tasted, the style is very forward/intense compared to
Donnhoff or even Diel - but the wines are generally very good. When
I'm a bit more mobile (should be getting a car in the next couple of
weeks) and able to make it down to NY, I'd be happy to pop one open
with you.

Cheers,
Salil
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Oct 15, 4:20�pm, DaleW > wrote:
> On Oct 15, 2:16�pm, "Bi!!" > wrote:
>

> > On Oct 15, 9:09 am, DaleW > wrote:

> > > With leftovers (capon, squash, quinoa, bok choy) on Tuesday the 2007
> > > Emrich-Schonleber "Lenz "Riesling (Nahe). Well-done QbA, a bit off-dry
> > > with moderate acidity. Some mineral notes (chalk and flint), limey
> > > citrus fruit with a little cherry, nice length for the level. Not
> > > especially exciting, but interesting enough I to make me want to try
> > > their pradikat bottlings.B

> > > Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> > > wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> > > drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> > > promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

> > Dale-Just so you don't think your notes are written in vain, I often
> > try to find a bottle or two of stuff that you post notes on. �I'm not
> > well versed in German and Austrian wines but I often find gems. �I'm
> > also not too deep in Rhone, Langoudoc or Loire wines and forget about
> > the tiny apps. �I'm pretty much over California for the most part and
> > still find a small producer here and there that I like espcially in
> > Oregon. �Italy never ceases to amaze me and dissapoint me and Spain is
> > intriguing to me these days. �Oz bores me for the most part (they all
> > seem to taste the same) but I'm really starting to find some
> > interesting stuff from NZ especially Pinot Noirs. �Keep posting those
> > tns...please.

> Bill,
> don;t worry, my ego isn't so fragile I worry about posts w/o answers,
> especially if they are on semi-obscure wines (if I post on a Lynch
> Bages or Gruaud vertical, it's more likely someone will have an
> opinion). I post because sometimes there is some discussion, plus this
> gives me another place to search my own notes.
> In any case, thanks for kind words. You need to come to NY so I can
> try and mess with your preferences (though they match mine in lots of
> ways). - Hide quoted text -

Linda and I are trying to plan a trip for sometime in mid November to
do a bit of shopping. I'll let you know dates asap and perhpas we can
get together.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Oct 16, 11:00�am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> On Oct 15, 4:20 pm, DaleW > wrote:

> > > Dale-Just so you don't think your notes are written in vain, I often
> > > try to find a bottle or two of stuff that you post notes on. I'm not
> > > well versed in German and Austrian wines but I often find gems. I'm
> > > also not too deep in Rhone, Langoudoc or Loire wines and forget about
> > > the tiny apps. I'm pretty much over California for the most part and
> > > still find a small producer here and there that I like espcially in
> > > Oregon. Italy never ceases to amaze me and dissapoint me and Spain is
> > > intriguing to me these days. Oz bores me for the most part (they all
> > > seem to taste the same) but I'm really starting to find some
> > > interesting stuff from NZ especially Pinot Noirs. Keep posting those
> > > tns...please.

> > Bill,
> > don;t worry, my ego isn't so fragile I worry about posts w/o answers,
> > especially if they are on semi-obscure wines (if I post on a Lynch
> > Bages or Gruaud vertical, it's more likely someone will have an
> > opinion). I post because sometimes there is some discussion, plus this
> > gives me another place to search my own notes.
> > In any case, thanks for kind words. You need to come to NY so I can
> > try and mess with your preferences (though they match mine in lots of
> > ways). - Hide quoted text -

> Linda and I are trying to plan a trip for sometime in mid November to
> do a bit of shopping. �I'll let you know dates asap and perhpas we can
> get together.- Hide quoted text -

would be great, let me know if it works out
Posted to alt.food.wine

"DaleW" > skrev i melding

Unfortunately the Halenberg GG is .....$76 here!

Wow! I see the Euro symbol didn't come through other than as a question
mark. So 26EUR for the GG 2007 becomes 76USD - pretty steep...

Anders

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Oct 15, 6:39�pm, Salil > wrote:
> On Oct 15, 9:09 pm, DaleW > wrote:
>
> > With leftovers (capon, squash, quinoa, bok choy) on Tuesday the 2007
> > Emrich-Schonleber "Lenz "Riesling (Nahe). Well-done QbA, a bit off-dry
> > with moderate acidity. Some mineral notes (chalk and flint), limey
> > citrus fruit with a little cherry, nice length for the level. Not
> > especially exciting, but interesting enough I to make me want to try
> > their pradikat bottlings.B

> Sounds quite nice. Schonleber really does a great job with their dry
> wines and their higher pradikats, and are definitely worth exploring.
> From what I've tasted, the style is very forward/intense compared to
> Donnhoff or even Diel - but the wines are generally very good. When
> I'm a bit more mobile (should be getting a car in the next couple of
> weeks) and able to make it down to NY, I'd be happy to pop one open
> with you.
>
> Cheers,
> �Salil

Look forward to meeting you in person, E-S or not!

Posted to alt.food.wine

Hi Anders
What year is your "Lenz "? I bought the 2007 yesterday and I am still
searching for
tasting notes and rating. Usually I do that before opening a bottle, much
like reading a novel before going to the movie.
Regards
Raymond

"Anders Tørneskog" > wrote in message

> "DaleW" > skrev i melding
>> With leftovers (capon, squash, quinoa, bok choy) on Tuesday the 2007
>> Emrich-Schonleber "Lenz "Riesling (Nahe). Well-done QbA, a bit off-dry
>> with moderate acidity. Some mineral notes (chalk and flint), limey
>> citrus fruit with a little cherry, nice length for the level. Not
>> especially exciting, but interesting enough I to make me want to try
>> their pradikat bottlings.B
>>

> Hi Dale. This guy is actually unknown to me, never tasted a single
> bottle..., but wein-plus puts him in the 5* rank - world class. Your
> description matches their notes for that wine, only that you have cherry
> and they peach :-) 84pts - very good (verging on excellent!) and better
> than 2006.
> Now the highest points were given to
> Halenberg, Riesling, Weißwein, QbA, Trocken, Großes Gewächs, 28.00 ? - 94
> Frühlingsplätzchen, Riesling, Weißwein, QbA, Großes Gewächs, 26.00 ? - 91+
> Halenberg, Riesling, Weißwein, QbA, Trocken, 16.00 ? - 89
> Halenberg, Riesling, Weißwein, QbA, -R- 88+
> Halenberg, Riesling, Weißwein, Auslese, 22.00 ? - 88
> The BA and ice wine have not been tested yet
> Anders
> PS
> The
> Halenberg, Riesling, Weißwein, QbA, Trocken, Großes Gewächs, 24.00 ? 2006
> has got 97+...., only outranked by 0.08% of all tested wines of the last 8
> years
> DS

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Raymond" > skrev i melding
> Hi Anders
> What year is your "Lenz "?

My Lenz? It was Dale who had one, and he wrote about 2007 giving notes
which I commented were close to those of my regular source, wein-plus.de

Anders

TN: Nahe, Tuscany, Burg, and more DaleW Wine 1 16-01-2012 11:22 PM
TN: Nahe and Beaujolais Villages DaleW Wine 1 17-12-2010 03:40 AM
TN: PNW wines, plus Port, Bdx, Nahe, etc DaleW Wine 1 28-09-2010 04:40 PM
TN: halbtrocken Nahe DaleW Wine 0 24-08-2009 03:02 PM
TN: Halbtrocken from Nahe DaleW Wine 4 14-02-2007 01:01 PM