Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Meo-Camuzet, Ca Rome, and Pinon

Last night had some good friends over. Betsy made capon braised in
Champagne (or so recipe was titled, we used a cup of sparkling Chenin
instead), quinoa, Kabocha squash simmered in dashi, and a baby bok
choy salad.

NV Pinon Vouvray Brut
Not much to add, I've done several notes on latest batch of this, but
a lovely fresh citrusy bubbly. Good enough the friends were writing
down name so they could find. B+/B

1999 Ca' Rome "Maria di Brun" Barbaresco
We tried a couple of leftover Nebbiolos, plus this. Good black cherry
fruit, light but slightly raspy tannins. Didn't get any real Nebbiolo
signals from this, just generic red wine that probably needs a bit
more time. B-

2005 Meo-Camuzet Bourgogne
This is in need of time, but about 2 hours after opening it was very
nice right now. Plenty of rich black cherry fruit, wide smooth
inviting texture but with a backbone of acidity, light easy tannins, a
little earth and leather. Some vanillin oak. This could be really
good in a few years, will try and keep my hands off other two bottles.
B+

Good night with good friends.

Pinon Brut non-dosé DaleW Wine 4 06-05-2011 08:54 PM
[TN] Pinon Brut non-dosé Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 1 05-05-2011 10:49 PM
TN: Meo Camuzet Bourgogne AC DaleW Wine 3 15-04-2010 07:22 PM
TN: 2002 Meó-Camuzet Marsannay Mark Lipton Wine 0 13-11-2006 05:37 AM
TN: Meo-Camuzet bourgogne Dale Williams Wine 0 19-09-2004 09:33 PM