Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 2 Piedmont, 1 Oregon

With tuna steaks in a tomato/olive sauce and quinoa, the 2001 Sella
Lessona. I was a little worried at first, there was a little pruney
edge. This bottle had a bit of a stained label, even though it came
from a fairly trusted source I worried a bit that there was some
damage. Who knows, but after just 20 or 30 minutes of air the Lessona
I remembered re-emerged. Pretty light to midweight Nebbiolo, plenty of
tar intermixed with bright red fruit, earthy, intense without being
heavy. Nice wine to drink while waiting for your Barolos to age. B+

Betsy wasn't drinking, I opened a half bottle of 2004 St, Innocent
"Shea Vineyard" Pinot Noir for turkey burgers on pita. A half-glass
with dinner didn't do much for me- some black fruits, a little spice,
but showing a lot of sweetness. I left for a speech at a college and
had another glass on return.
Still showing a good amount of tannins and sweetness, though a bit
more complexity (earth, floral aromas) was coming out. Overall, this
didn't thrill me, but I'm aware I might have opened 5 years too early
even in 375. Used the rest to add to a marinade. Probably underrating
potential, but for last night B-

Needed Nebbiolo for a marinade, used leftover Lessona (and a glass of
PN) and almost a whole bottle of the 2004 Querciola Nebbiolo d'Alba. I
of course saved a 2 oz pour. This was ok straightforward red wine, but
I was struggling to find any varietal character. Light tannins, cherry
fruit, round, sweet. C+/B-

Ping: aem &/or piedmont - re paella recipe posted by piedmont Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 7 13-02-2010 09:14 PM
Ping Piedmont Brick[_3_] Barbecue 1 24-11-2009 03:21 PM
Hey Piedmont! BOB[_9_] Barbecue 11 29-07-2008 08:37 PM
Finally off to Piedmont Professor Wine 10 12-10-2006 04:02 AM
Piedmont Larry Barbecue 3 22-09-2005 10:10 PM