Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Pierre Moncuit Brut, Blanc de Blanc HUgues De Coulmet

This wine I tried at UNC-Chapel Hill this weekend while entertaining some
Associates. Truely outstanding and great PQR.

Has anyone tried this one, if so what was your opinion.

I found it pure, some honey, pear, plum, just outstanding.

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Richard Neidich" > wrote in
m:

> Has anyone tried this one, if so what was your opinion.

Nice Champagne de vigneron, but to me it lacks a bit of grip and I do not
think it resembles the terroir of Le Mesnil sur Oger. I really prefer
Pierre Peters.

santiago

Posted to alt.food.wine

Not sure I understand...what is Le Mesnil sur Oger

The bottle is Hugues de Coulmet.

Thanks

"santiago" > wrote in message
. 96.78...
> "Richard Neidich" > wrote in
> m:
>>
>> Has anyone tried this one, if so what was your opinion.

> Nice Champagne de vigneron, but to me it lacks a bit of grip and I do not
> think it resembles the terroir of Le Mesnil sur Oger. I really prefer
> Pierre Peters.
>

> santiago

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Richard Neidich" > wrote in
m:

> Not sure I understand...what is Le Mesnil sur Oger
>
> The bottle is Hugues de Coulmet.

Hi Richard,

Producer is Pierre Moncuit, name of the wine is Hugues de Coulmet, and Le
Mesnil-sur-Oger is the Grand Cru village in Cote de Blancs where the main
part of grapes of Pierre Moncuit come from, and where the winery is
located. The grower does not designate Hugues de Coulmet as Grand Cru,
though, indicating that they use some grapes from other villages out of Le
Mesnil-sur-Oger in which is their basic bottling.

I do not mean that it is a bad wine!!!!

Best,

s.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Not a problem, did not take as a bad thing. Just was curious what you mean.
While I have vistied France, never Champaigne.

"santiago" > wrote in message
. 96.78...
> "Richard Neidich" > wrote in
> m:
>
>> Not sure I understand...what is Le Mesnil sur Oger
>>
>> The bottle is Hugues de Coulmet.
>>

> Hi Richard,
>
> Producer is Pierre Moncuit, name of the wine is Hugues de Coulmet, and Le
> Mesnil-sur-Oger is the Grand Cru village in Cote de Blancs where the main
> part of grapes of Pierre Moncuit come from, and where the winery is
> located. The grower does not designate Hugues de Coulmet as Grand Cru,
> though, indicating that they use some grapes from other villages out of Le
> Mesnil-sur-Oger in which is their basic bottling.
>
> I do not mean that it is a bad wine!!!!
>
> Best,
>
> s.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Someone told me this wine gets its fruit in the area adjacent to producer of
Krug. Any truth?

"santiago" > wrote in message
. 96.78...
> "Richard Neidich" > wrote in
> m:
>
>> Not sure I understand...what is Le Mesnil sur Oger
>>
>> The bottle is Hugues de Coulmet.
>>

> Hi Richard,
>
> Producer is Pierre Moncuit, name of the wine is Hugues de Coulmet, and Le
> Mesnil-sur-Oger is the Grand Cru village in Cote de Blancs where the main
> part of grapes of Pierre Moncuit come from, and where the winery is
> located. The grower does not designate Hugues de Coulmet as Grand Cru,
> though, indicating that they use some grapes from other villages out of Le
> Mesnil-sur-Oger in which is their basic bottling.
>
> I do not mean that it is a bad wine!!!!
>
> Best,
>
> s.

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Richard Neidich" > wrote:

>> Producer is Pierre Moncuit, name of the wine is Hugues de
>> Coulmet, and Le Mesnil-sur-Oger is the Grand Cru village in
>> Cote de Blancs where the main part of grapes of Pierre Moncuit
>> come from, and where the winery is located.

> Someone told me this wine gets its fruit in the area adjacent to
> producer of Krug. Any truth?

One Krug wine, "Clos du Mesnil", a Blanc de Blancs (chardonnay
only) comes from Le Mesnil (as Le Mesnil-sur-Oger usually is
shortened). But their standard Brut and their vintage brut
usually are made up from some four or five dozens of crus
(= villages).

M.
Posted to alt.food.wine

I found a couple bottles of this one to try as well, have not received but
will it differ much, should be here next week.

Pierre Moncuit Cuv Delos Blanc de Blanc Brut

This one is Grand Cru Fruit from same producer.

"Mike Tommasi" > wrote in message
> Michael Pronay wrote:

>>> Someone told me this wine gets its fruit in the area adjacent to
>>> producer of Krug. Any truth?

>> One Krug wine, "Clos du Mesnil", a Blanc de Blancs (chardonnay only)
>> comes from Le Mesnil (as Le Mesnil-sur-Oger usually is shortened). But
>> their standard Brut and their vintage brut usually are made up from some
>> four or five dozens of crus (= villages).

> Cuvée "Hugues de Coulmet" is one of Moncuit's more affordable but still
> excellent bottles, the only one not from Le Mesnil Grand Cru, coming in
> fact from the area known as les Coteaux du Sézannais, around Sézanne, more
> or less a southern extension of the Cote des Blancs.
>

> --
> Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
> email link http://www.tommasi.org/mymail

REC: Coq au Vin Blanc Victor Sack[_1_] General Cooking 39 06-01-2013 03:08 PM
NV Agrapart Champagne Blanc de Blanc "Terroirs" Bi!! Wine 0 21-08-2012 05:13 PM
Pinot Blanc Help spud Winemaking 3 19-09-2006 02:53 AM
Oak in Sauvignon Blanc Rob M Winemaking 5 30-07-2004 07:11 AM