Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Selbach-Oster

Thought some would be interested. I received and email from Johannes
Selbach. He had to fence in is Pinot Blanc vines which is plan to start
harvesting on Wednesday or Thursday because wild boar getting into the
vineyard and eating the ripe grapes. The boars have been a problem
throughout the Middle Mosel. He keeps a few Gewürztraminer vines for his
family and lost them all to the wild boars. The weather has been variable as
of late. It was sunny and cold the past few days and he hopes for some warm
weather to help with the Riesling. He hopes to do his first Riesling
selection ,if the weather holds,on the 13th of the month. He indicates that
there will be a smaller crop than normal.

Posted to alt.food.wine

"sibeer" wrote ..........

> Thought some would be interested. I received and email from Johannes
> Selbach. He had to fence in is Pinot Blanc vines which is plan to start
> harvesting on Wednesday or Thursday
> because wild boar getting into the vineyard and eating the ripe
> grapes. The boars have been a problem throughout the Middle
> Mosel. He keeps a few Gewürztraminer vines for his family
> and lost them all to the wild boars.

I am a great fan of roasted pork, with apple sauce accompanied by
gewurztraminer - these pigs have good taste!

However, since they are wild and not farmed, I would rather a gamey Rhone -
tell Johannes to "deport" them to France!

--

st.h

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Oct 4, 5:57*pm, "sibeer" > wrote:
> Thought some would be interested. I received and email from Johannes
> Selbach. He had to fence in is Pinot Blanc vines which is plan to start
> harvesting on Wednesday or Thursday because wild boar getting into the
> vineyard and eating the ripe grapes. ...

I'd bet the wild sows are just as bad.

[TN] '07 Selbach Spätlese Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 2 24-10-2009 09:35 PM
02 Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Schlossberg Riesling Spatlese* Salil Wine 8 10-03-2008 04:39 AM
Selbach-Oster 2006 sibeer Wine 2 05-05-2007 11:23 AM
Selbach-Oster wines sibeer Wine 2 19-11-2006 11:45 PM
TN: '04 Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Riesling Kabinett Mark Lipton Wine 1 23-09-2006 02:49 PM