Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: NZ SB and Burg Chard

Couple of nights of dinners that weren't totally wine friendly, so a
couple of basic wines:

With pasta with spinach, mushrooms, lemon, and marsala, the 2007 Villa
Maria " Private Bin" Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough). Citrus, sharp, a
little herb. Decent acidity, but there are a lot of better NZ SBs out
there. B-/C+

With nile perch meuniere, leftover pasta w/shrooms/lemon/spinach, and
asparagus vinaigrette, the 2006 Matrot (Thierry and Pascale, but
they're all the same) Bourgogne blanc. Pear and apple fruit with a
squirt of lemon, but a bigger style than most previous vintages of
this. Riper/fatter than my absolute preference, but good fruit and a
bit of mineral. Would be a good "transition wine" if you were trying
to woo someone from CalChard to white Burg (or vice versa). B

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article
DaleW > wrote:

> Couple of nights of dinners that weren't totally wine friendly, so a
> couple of basic wines:
>
> With pasta with spinach, mushrooms, lemon, and marsala, the 2007 Villa
> Maria " Private Bin" Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough). Citrus, sharp, a
> little herb. Decent acidity, but there are a lot of better NZ SBs out
> there. B-/C+
>
> With nile perch meuniere, leftover pasta w/shrooms/lemon/spinach, and
> asparagus vinaigrette, the 2006 Matrot (Thierry and Pascale, but
> they're all the same) Bourgogne blanc. Pear and apple fruit with a
> squirt of lemon, but a bigger style than most previous vintages of
> this. Riper/fatter than my absolute preference, but good fruit and a
> bit of mineral. Would be a good "transition wine" if you were trying
> to woo someone from CalChard to white Burg (or vice versa). B
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

One thing I like about the Villa Maria. When I need a white for cooking
it is go to.

TN: Bubbly Burg, Jura Chard, Corsican Rose, ESJ Syrah Dale W Wine 1 20-03-2014 03:41 PM
TN: cooked white Burg, good white Burg, Barolo DaleW Wine 2 03-07-2011 12:47 PM
Chard sf[_9_] General Cooking 62 04-02-2009 05:31 PM
Swiss chard Eric Deaver Preserving 4 31-08-2005 04:42 PM
How to enjoy a chard? [email protected] Wine 3 03-07-2005 07:08 PM