Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Wine match for jellyfish!

Mike Tommasi, this is close to your stamping ground

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/...ectid=10534770

Can you suggest a wine match?

--

st.helier

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 29, 3:21 pm, Mike Tommasi > wrote:
> st.helier wrote:
> > Mike Tommasi, this is close to your stamping ground

> >http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/...id=6&objectid=...

> > Can you suggest a wine match?

> I was about to say yech, but then I saw the name Carme Ruscalleda. She
> is, with Pascal Barbot, on the top of my list of tables I would love to
> try and are within my frequent travel routes.
>
> Last summer i ordered her book "Cuinar per ser feliç", in catalan (I
> have become a fairly proficient reader, if not speaker), and tried a few
> recipes, she is very good.
>
> Jellyfish? From anyone else - you know who - I would suspect that they
> were trying to "épater les bourgeois". From her, even without ever
> having experienced her cooking, but based on everything I hear from
> friends in the area, I would definitely taste jellyfish.
>
> Wine? How would I know, I don't know what it tastes like yet. Wine with
> a sting? Probably an aged rosé from Provence, something tentacular...
>
> --
> Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
> email linkhttp://www.tommasi.org/mymail

Gruner Veltliner. Solves all problems. Try Ott or Nigl.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Mark Slater > wrote:

> Gruner Veltliner. Solves all problems. Try Ott or Nigl.

How true!

M.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Mike Tommasi > wrote:

>>> Gruner Veltliner. Solves all problems. Try Ott or Nigl.

>> How true!

> Try and find some in France... sigh!
>
> Is there a good austrian online wine merchant?

Yes, Hubert Fohringer:

<www.fohringer.at>

Homepage only in German, but I just talked to him, simply mail or
phone him (landline +43-2713-2029, mobile +43-664-5003860), tell him
what you would like and he will make you an offer. Transport within
the EU is no problem (2 to 3 days).

M.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Mike Tommasi > wrote:

>>> Try and find some [Grüner Veltliner] in France... sigh!
>>>
>>> Is there a good austrian online wine merchant?

>> Yes, Hubert Fohringer:
>>
>> <www.fohringer.at>
>>
>> [...]

> Good news, sounds like Grüner Veltliner will meet Provence.

Excellent idea.

> Thanks for the contact.

You're welcome. Don't know whether Hubert speaks French or
Italian, but his English is very ok. If you talk to him,
send my best wishes.

M.

Wine match Bearnaise Michael Nielsen[_4_] Wine 3 28-01-2016 09:06 PM
Fitness food match for wine emmy007 Wine 0 16-03-2011 09:11 AM
Food-Wine match? p.k.[_2_] Wine 7 02-12-2007 06:46 PM
Can you match a wine or other drink with these chocolates cwdjrxyz Wine 3 20-11-2007 04:23 PM
First experience with food/wine match Larry Wine 1 29-08-2004 04:52 PM