Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Piluna Primitivo

Perhaps it was an ancient genetic compulsion that drew me to purchase the
bottle of Piluna Primitivo 2006. One must remember that we reptiles
predate you humans by a considerable expanse of unrecorded history.
"Primitivo" sounds close enough to "Primitive" to strike a responsive
chord in my psyche.

Last night, after a salad of fresh asparagus slices that had been
macerated in Balsamic dressing and finished with marinated Roma Tomatoes,
I carefully brought two hand crafted balls of Napolitano Pizza Dough to
room temperature for two hours before inserting the finished product into
my 550 F convection on the preheated stone. One, I topped with a Garlic
infused Crushed Tomato sauce plus some jarred mushroom slices and whole
milk Mozzarella and the second with the addition of hand pitted Kalamata
Olives plus thin Italian Genoa Salami that was pan crisped while the
pizza was undergoing its seven minute Baptism by heat on the stone.

Rich earthy scent greeted my nostrils after the bottle had breathed for
close to an hour. Deep color obscured the view of the bottom of my glass.
Chewable fully ripened early morn picked grapes came to my mind. My only
concern was that I might become too relaxed to carefully slide the pizzas
into and out of the oven on their respective wooden and metal peels.
However, unlike many currently fashionable wines from California, the
relatively modest 13.5% alcohol content allowed enjoyment without my
experiencing noticeable physical debilitation.

The marriage of pizza and wine was made and consummated. I can only hope
that the fates allow me to repeat the experience before I am summoned to
Reptile Valhalla.

Godzilla
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 27, 11:16�am, Godzilla > wrote:
> Perhaps it was an ancient genetic compulsion that drew me to purchase the
> bottle of Piluna Primitivo 2006. One must remember that we reptiles
> predate you humans by a considerable expanse of unrecorded history.
> "Primitivo" sounds close enough to "Primitive" to strike a responsive
> chord in my psyche.

You, a primitive?
http://weblogs.amny.com/news/sports/...dzilla_bw.jpgc

Is this Puglian or Sicilian? Or possibly CA? Some producers are
labeling as Primitivo now.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 27, 11:55�am, DaleW > wrote:
> On Sep 27, 11:16 am, Godzilla > wrote:
>
> > Perhaps it was an ancient genetic compulsion that drew me to purchase the
> > bottle of Piluna Primitivo 2006. One must remember that we reptiles
> > predate you humans by a considerable expanse of unrecorded history.
> > "Primitivo" sounds close enough to "Primitive" to strike a responsive
> > chord in my psyche.

> You, a primitive?http://weblogs.amny.com/news/sports/...dzilla_bw.jpgc
>
> Is this Puglian or Sicilian? Or possibly CA? Some producers are
> labeling as Primitivo now.

oops, that pesky c got in there somehow:

http://weblogs.amny.com/news/sports/...odzilla_bw.jpg

You look marvelous!
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 08:55:36 -0700, DaleW wrote:

> On Sep 27, 11:16�am, Godzilla > wrote:
>> Perhaps it was an ancient genetic compulsion that drew me to purchase
>> the bottle of Piluna Primitivo 2006. One must remember that we reptiles
>> predate you humans by a considerable expanse of unrecorded history.
>> "Primitivo" sounds close enough to "Primitive" to strike a responsive
>> chord in my psyche.

> You, a primitive?
> http://weblogs.amny.com/news/sports/...dzilla_bw.jpgc
>
> Is this Puglian or Sicilian? Or possibly CA? Some producers are labeling
> as Primitivo now.

Puglian
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 09:14:20 -0700, DaleW wrote:

> On Sep 27, 11:55�am, DaleW > wrote:
>> On Sep 27, 11:16 am, Godzilla > wrote:
>>
>> > Perhaps it was an ancient genetic compulsion that drew me to purchase
>> > the bottle of Piluna Primitivo 2006. One must remember that we
>> > reptiles predate you humans by a considerable expanse of unrecorded
>> > history. "Primitivo" sounds close enough to "Primitive" to strike a
>> > responsive chord in my psyche.

>> You, a
>> primitive?http://weblogs.amny.com/news/sports/gameface/blog/

godzilla_bw.jpgc

>> Is this Puglian or Sicilian? Or possibly CA? Some producers are
>> labeling as Primitivo now.

> oops, that pesky c got in there somehow:
>
> http://weblogs.amny.com/news/sports/...odzilla_bw.jpg
>
> You look marvelous!

You know how it is with Hollywood. The makeup artists can always make
someone look even more beautiful than they really are. ;-)

Godzilla

Posted to alt.food.wine

Godzilla wrote:
> Perhaps it was an ancient genetic compulsion that drew me to purchase the
> bottle of Piluna Primitivo 2006. One must remember that we reptiles
> predate you humans by a considerable expanse of unrecorded history.

Thanks for clarifying this point, Godzhura. Since the dinosaurs have
now been classified as ancetral birds and not reptiles at all, I had
been left in a quandry about your own Saurian predilections. Certainly,
you appear to be reptilian, but that whole lightning-from-mouth thing is
a bit hard to classify, and you are reputed to be very old and only
recently reawakened by atomic tests.

Now, about Gamera and Rodan...
Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 23:12:38 -0400, Mark Lipton wrote:

> Godzilla wrote:
>> Perhaps it was an ancient genetic compulsion that drew me to purchase
>> the bottle of Piluna Primitivo 2006. One must remember that we reptiles
>> predate you humans by a considerable expanse of unrecorded history.

> Thanks for clarifying this point, Godzhura. Since the dinosaurs have
> now been classified as ancetral birds and not reptiles at all, I had
> been left in a quandry about your own Saurian predilections. Certainly,
> you appear to be reptilian, but that whole lightning-from-mouth thing is
> a bit hard to classify, and you are reputed to be very old and only
> recently reawakened by atomic tests.
>
> Now, about Gamera and Rodan...
> Mark Lipton

That which you refer to as "lightning-from-mouth" is a gross
manifestation of my extreme halitosis, enhanced by atomic radiation.

Godzilla

Zinfandel or Primitivo Dee Dovey Wine 12 15-12-2009 03:19 PM
Zinfandel = Primitivo? Leo Bueno Wine 5 13-02-2006 07:28 AM
TN: A bad Primitivo from Amador DaleW Wine 8 11-04-2005 08:31 PM
Carparelli Primitivo [email protected] Wine 0 16-03-2005 02:41 PM
A Mano Primitivo [email protected] Wine 4 08-02-2005 06:11 PM