Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '70 LLC

Jean had purchased a lovely leg of lamb recently, so tonight I roasted
it with slivers of garlic inserted into cuts and olive oil rubbed on the
outside. With the meat, rice, sauteed green beans and salad, I opened:

1970 Leoville Las Cases St. Julien
color: garnet at the center going orange at the rim
nose: aromatic, pencil lead, flowers, tar, dark fruit
palate: medium body, rich fruit, high acidity

This very youthful wine was a pleasure to drink and accompanied the lamb
grandly. This was part of a fairly recent auction purchase shared with
Dale, and it lived up to all its expectations and more. The cork was
sound, but saturated, and crumbled as it was extracted. 12% ABV and
imported by Dietz Liquor of Wauwatosa, WI. All in all, a very
satisfying Bordeaux.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

> 1970 Leoville Las Cases St. Julien
> color: garnet at the center going orange at the rim
> nose: aromatic, pencil lead, flowers, tar, dark fruit
> palate: medium body, rich fruit, high acidity

Ah! a trip down memory lane, my first ever LLC, bought adozen bottles at my
first wine auction, cannot remember the price, but it was about 1980. Always
a stunning wine, but not quite up the Latour.

JT

Posted to alt.food.wine

Mark Lipton wrote:
> Jean had purchased a lovely leg of lamb recently, so tonight I roasted
> it with slivers of garlic inserted into cuts and olive oil rubbed on the
> outside. With the meat, rice, sauteed green beans and salad, I opened:
>
> 1970 Leoville Las Cases St. Julien
> color: garnet at the center going orange at the rim
> nose: aromatic, pencil lead, flowers, tar, dark fruit
> palate: medium body, rich fruit, high acidity
>
> This very youthful wine was a pleasure to drink and accompanied the lamb
> grandly. This was part of a fairly recent auction purchase shared with
> Dale, and it lived up to all its expectations and more. The cork was
> sound, but saturated, and crumbled as it was extracted. 12% ABV and
> imported by Dietz Liquor of Wauwatosa, WI. All in all, a very
> satisfying Bordeaux.

Sounds great. I remember this but haven't had since early 90s. It
was terrific then, too. I'll bet its even better now!

Hope Andrew got to taste! (Assuming he's learned to spit )

-E
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default '70 LLC

On Sep 25, 10:30�pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Jean had purchased a lovely leg of lamb recently, so tonight I roasted
> it with slivers of garlic inserted into cuts and olive oil rubbed on the
> outside. �With the meat, rice, sauteed green beans and salad, I opened:
>
> 1970 Leoville Las Cases St. Julien
> color: garnet at the center going orange at the rim
> nose: aromatic, pencil lead, flowers, tar, dark fruit
> palate: medium body, rich fruit, high acidity
>
> This very youthful wine was a pleasure to drink and accompanied the lamb
> grandly. �This was part of a fairly recent auction purchase shared with
> Dale, and it lived up to all its expectations and more. �The cork was
> sound, but saturated, and crumbled as it was extracted. �12% ABV and
> imported by Dietz Liquor of Wauwatosa, WI. �All in all, a very
> satisfying Bordeaux.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: �http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

thanks for notes, look forward to reporting on mine!
Posted to alt.food.wine

There you've gone and done it again! Drunk up an eminently suitable
lunch wine for the next time you come to Vancouver.

I have just the wine to go with it, too - a 1975 Las Cases!