Old 26-09-2008, 03:30 AM posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '70 LLC

Jean had purchased a lovely leg of lamb recently, so tonight I roasted
it with slivers of garlic inserted into cuts and olive oil rubbed on the
outside. With the meat, rice, sauteed green beans and salad, I opened:

1970 Leoville Las Cases St. Julien
color: garnet at the center going orange at the rim
nose: aromatic, pencil lead, flowers, tar, dark fruit
palate: medium body, rich fruit, high acidity

This very youthful wine was a pleasure to drink and accompanied the lamb
grandly. This was part of a fairly recent auction purchase shared with
Dale, and it lived up to all its expectations and more. The cork was
sound, but saturated, and crumbled as it was extracted. 12% ABV and
imported by Dietz Liquor of Wauwatosa, WI. All in all, a very
satisfying Bordeaux.

Mark Lipton

Old 26-09-2008, 08:42 AM posted to alt.food.wine

1970 Leoville Las Cases St. Julien
color: garnet at the center going orange at the rim
nose: aromatic, pencil lead, flowers, tar, dark fruit
palate: medium body, rich fruit, high acidity

Ah! a trip down memory lane, my first ever LLC, bought adozen bottles at my
first wine auction, cannot remember the price, but it was about 1980. Always
a stunning wine, but not quite up the Latour.

JT

Old 26-09-2008, 12:32 PM posted to alt.food.wine

Mark Lipton wrote:
Jean had purchased a lovely leg of lamb recently, so tonight I roasted
it with slivers of garlic inserted into cuts and olive oil rubbed on the
outside. With the meat, rice, sauteed green beans and salad, I opened:

1970 Leoville Las Cases St. Julien
color: garnet at the center going orange at the rim
nose: aromatic, pencil lead, flowers, tar, dark fruit
palate: medium body, rich fruit, high acidity

This very youthful wine was a pleasure to drink and accompanied the lamb
grandly. This was part of a fairly recent auction purchase shared with
Dale, and it lived up to all its expectations and more. The cork was
sound, but saturated, and crumbled as it was extracted. 12% ABV and
imported by Dietz Liquor of Wauwatosa, WI. All in all, a very
satisfying Bordeaux.

Sounds great. I remember this but haven't had since early 90s. It
was terrific then, too. I'll bet its even better now!

Hope Andrew got to taste! (Assuming he's learned to spit )

-E
Old 26-09-2008, 12:36 PM posted to alt.food.wine

Default '70 LLC

--
alt.food.wine FAQ: �http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

thanks for notes, look forward to reporting on mine!
Old 26-09-2008, 09:32 PM posted to alt.food.wine

There you've gone and done it again! Drunk up an eminently suitable
lunch wine for the next time you come to Vancouver.

I have just the wine to go with it, too - a 1975 Las Cases!