Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 1994 Duxoup Napa Gamay Dry Creek Valley

As the back label says "...a riddle. It isn't from Napa Valley and
isn't Gamay Beaujolais. Instead it is an ornery grape... "

An experiment to see how it would age, and I guess it did well, as
SWIMBO said it was the best wine we've had in a while.

Fill high in the neck, and color only on the face of a good cork.
Aroma of cherries and earth. Smooth and resolved acid and tannins,
flavor again of cherries and earth. Pretty ruby color with brick
orange at the edges. Don't know how it developed as it was gone
quicker than you can say Jack Robinson... It is, though, at it's peak
or on the downhill side.

Gotta be an A on the Dale scale. 225 cases made, no hits on wine-searcher pro.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 25, 11:56�am, Ronin > wrote:
> As the back label says "...a riddle. �It isn't from Napa Valley and
> isn't Gamay Beaujolais. �Instead it is an ornery grape... "
>
> An experiment to see how it would age, and I guess it did well, as
> SWIMBO said it was the best wine we've had in a while.
>
> Fill high in the neck, and color only on the face of a good cork. �
> Aroma of cherries and earth. Smooth and resolved acid and tannins,
> flavor again of cherries and earth. �Pretty ruby color with brick
> orange at the edges. �Don't know how it developed as it was gone
> quicker than you can say Jack Robinson... �It is, though, at it's peak
> or on the downhill side.
>
> Gotta be an A on the Dale scale. �225 cases made, no hits on wine-searcher pro.

Is Duxoup pronounce "duck soup"?
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 2008-09-25 10:31:48 -0700, "Bi!!" > said:

> On Sep 25, 11:56�am, Ronin > wrote:
>> As the back label says "...a riddle. �It isn't from Napa Valley a

> nd
>> isn't Gamay Beaujolais. �Instead it is an ornery grape... "
>>
>> An experiment to see how it would age, and I guess it did well, as
>> SWIMBO said it was the best wine we've had in a while.
>>
>> Fill high in the neck, and color only on the face of a good cork. ï¿

> ½
>> Aroma of cherries and earth. Smooth and resolved acid and tannins,
>> flavor again of cherries and earth. �Pretty ruby color with brick
>> orange at the edges. �Don't know how it developed as it was gone
>> quicker than you can say Jack Robinson... �It is, though, at it's

> peak
>> or on the downhill side.
>>
>> Gotta be an A on the Dale scale. �225 cases made, no hits on wine

> -searcher pro.
>
> Is Duxoup pronounce "duck soup"?

I'm afraid so....

It's an interesting setup - two people, small runs (couple of hundred
cases each) of generally unusual varietals, in the Dry Creek area of
Healdsburg, CA. I've never had a "bad" wine from them, but then I'm
not a regular, either.