FoodBanter.com

-   -   2005 Bouchard Le Corton GC (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/161928-2005-bouchard-le-corton.html)

Bi!! 24-09-2008 01:24 PM

2005 Bouchard Le Corton GC

I'm making a first pass at a lot of the 2005 red burgs in my cellar so
yesterday I opened a 2005 Bouchard Le Corton GC to share with a friend
who stopped over to bring me a bottle of Chablis. The Le Corton was a
beautiful glimmering garnet in the glass. The nose was quite stoney
with Asian spice and Bing cherry. Medium weight on the palate yet the
flavors were faily concentrated. Sweet cherry fruit, a bit of anise.
Plenty of minerality and a nice acid balance. The wine has a earthy
mineral aspect and elegance that I always expect in a Corton. The
tannins are a bit dry but not unpleasant. It needs to sleep for at
least five more years. "A" on the Dale scale.