Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Says Friulano, doesn't mention Tocai

Betsy made a pair of dishes for dinner last night, a Marcella Hazan
recipe of shrimp/artichokes/cheese, and a Jacques Pepin recipe for
collards with hot sausage. Not the night to break out anything
special, I opened the 2007 Bastianich Friulano (I guess they've now
dropped the Tocai). Sweet pear fruit, a hint of almond nuttiness,
seemingly just a teeny tiny touch offdry. Not very long. OK, I won't
go for more, but would definitely have a glass if offered. B-

Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Says Friulano, doesn't mention Tocai

"DaleW" > skrev i melding
Jancis Robinson: From the beginning of this year the name Tocai Friulano is
officially banned from wine labels exported from Italy, requiring an
entirely new name...The Friuli producers have reluctantly shuffled towards
the possibility of calling the wine simply Friulano, the least disliked
alternative name. "We've printed labels saying Friulano but we're not
absolutely sure of the situation," ...While appeals are heard, and as an
interim measure, the authorities have suggested that wines destined for
export should be labelled Friulano while wines for sale in Italy may
continue to be sold as Tocai Friulano, for the moment only.
Anders

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article
DaleW > wrote:

> Betsy made a pair of dishes for dinner last night, a Marcella Hazan
> recipe of shrimp/artichokes/cheese, and a Jacques Pepin recipe for
> collards with hot sausage. Not the night to break out anything
> special, I opened the 2007 Bastianich Friulano (I guess they've now
> dropped the Tocai). Sweet pear fruit, a hint of almond nuttiness,
> seemingly just a teeny tiny touch offdry. Not very long. OK, I won't
> go for more, but would definitely have a glass if offered. B-
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Is this the one with mozzarella?
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 15, 11:37�am, Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> �DaleW > wrote:
> > Betsy made a pair of dishes for dinner last night, a Marcella Hazan
> > recipe of shrimp/artichokes/cheese, and a Jacques Pepin recipe for
> > collards with hot sausage. Not the night to break out anything
> > special, I opened the 2007 Bastianich Friulano (I guess they've now
> > dropped the Tocai). Sweet pear fruit, a hint of almond nuttiness,
> > seemingly just a teeny tiny touch offdry. Not very long. OK, I won't
> > go for more, but would definitely have a glass if offered. B-

> > Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> > wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> > drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> > promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

> Is this the one with mozzarella?

The Hazan recipe? Yes, from last week's NYT article

I knew the Tocai ban was coming, not when

TN 2005 Livon Collio Tocai Friulano Jose Wine 1 04-10-2006 04:34 PM
Tocai Friulano Jose Wine 5 29-09-2006 09:53 AM
TN: Mon Couer CdR and Toh! Tocai Fr. DaleW Wine 2 15-09-2006 03:48 AM
TN: Tablas Creek and a Felluga (Marco, not Livio) Tocai DaleW Wine 3 14-03-2006 03:54 PM
Tokay - tocai - wine history? Nils Gustaf Lindgren Wine 24 01-12-2004 08:57 AM