Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 1982 Lanessan

Betsy was coming home from a few days in Boston, I marinated some lamb
chops with garlic and rosemary, plus prepared a arugula/bean dish,
mashed potatoes, and a green salad. To celebrate her return and to
mourn the large amount of money we need to spend on roof, I opened the
1982 Ch. Lanessan (Haut-Medoc). 26 is certainly pushing it for a Cru
Bourgeois, and I had a backup bottle of Bordeaux ready. Nice dark
color on decanting, though I think the fruit is a bit pruney at first.
I worry that it will crack up quickly. Surprisingly, the opposite
happens. Fruit seems to freshen into more classic blackcurrant, with
an undertone of red plums. There's pencil shavings and leather. Low
acid, round, resolved tannins, decent length. Not a wine that I'd call
great, but holds up well over 2 hours and is satisfying claret, albeit
in a ripe round style. While many are fading now, one of the things
that made '82 great for me is the astounding number of well-performing
lower end wines. B++

*

TN: 1982 Camensac in CA DaleW Wine 0 05-10-2009 06:11 PM
1982 Bordeaux Bi!! Wine 6 29-05-2009 05:48 PM
TN 1982 Claret act one John T Wine 4 17-11-2007 04:31 AM
[TN] 1982! Nils Gustaf Lindgren Wine 1 19-09-2005 05:25 PM
FS: 1982 Don't Eat Your Heart Out Cookbook SC 1982 katie-mae Marketplace 0 28-05-2004 05:29 PM