FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: 07 Leitz Dragonstone Riesling (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/161497-tn-07-leitz-dragonstone.html)

Salil 14-09-2008 02:47 AM

TN: 07 Leitz Dragonstone Riesling

My favourite QBA Riesling for value and consistency.

Bright apple, citrus, mineral and floral notes on the nose and palate
with nice acidity. Not too sweet (unlike the 06), kept opening out in
the glass with time with the floral character becoming more and more
prominent, really fun and all too easy to drink.

Oh, and about 15 bucks. Unbelievable value. I love it - only wish I
had bought a case of this when I saw it earlier.

Cheers,

Salil

DaleW 14-09-2008 04:44 PM

On Sep 13, 9:47�pm, Salil > wrote:
> My favourite QBA Riesling for value and consistency.
>
> Bright apple, citrus, mineral and floral notes on the nose and palate
> with nice acidity. Not too sweet (unlike the 06), kept opening out in
> the glass with time with the floral character becoming more and more
> prominent, really fun and all too easy to drink.
>
> Oh, and about 15 bucks. Unbelievable value. I love it - only wish I
> had bought a case of this when I saw it earlier.
>
> Cheers,
>
> �Salil

Thanks, I've put this on my To Buy list.

Mark Lipton[_1_] 14-09-2008 05:41 PM

Salil wrote:
> My favourite QBA Riesling for value and consistency.
>
> Bright apple, citrus, mineral and floral notes on the nose and palate
> with nice acidity. Not too sweet (unlike the 06), kept opening out in
> the glass with time with the floral character becoming more and more
> prominent, really fun and all too easy to drink.

Thanks for the note, Salil. I wasn't quite as knocked out by the '07
Dragonstone, but it's certainly a fine bottle of wine and a very good
value even with the tanking dollar.

Mark Lipton