Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: some organic/bioD wines, plus '07 Kab and '05 Bojo

With some defrosted satsiva (Georgian chicken salad), the 2007 St.
Urbans-Hof Ockfener Bockstein Riesling Kabinett. Green apple and
grapefruit, juicy and just off dry, a nice if not particularly
exciting Kab. B

With some grilled 5 spice quail and broccoli, the 2005 Terres Dorees
(JP Brun) Fleurie. Pretty tight the first night, though it has some
fruit and a little surprising note of vanilla; even if closed it does
well with the quail. Revisited Friday night it had opened
significantly, with black cherries surrounded by some earth and
minerals. Some tannins, big for Fleurie. Leaving remaining bottles
alone for a while. B+

Roger picked me up and we headed to Alex's home for meeting of local
wine group. Travel delays and appointments kept us to just a few, but
we enjoyed trying a few organic or biodynamic wines:

2005 Ch. La Grolet (Cotes du Bourg) (not blind)
Nice honest Bordeaux, light but persistent tannins, sweet cassis
fruit, good acidity. Opens nicely through evening, a little leather
comes through at end. Nothing profound, but solid Merlot, and I'd like
to try the Tete de Cuvee if I can find. B/B+

2005 Cristia Chateauneuf du Pape
This was blind. Fairly nicely balanced, lighter red with slightly
jammy red fruits, no apparent oak; I was guessing Cotes du Rhone.
Surprised to see it a CdP in this era of huge ones, not overwhelmingly
Grenache-y. B

2006 Terra Sana (Vin de Pays d'Oc)
Red ripe fruit, low acid, a rather nasty green streak despite the
overripe feel. I guess a not very good Rhone, at least I'm in right
country. C+

2006 Mittnacht Pinot Blanc
Not blind, served with some choucroute. A bit of RS, not overwhelming.
Light to medium bodied, pear and peach fruit, a bit short, acceptable.
B-

2007 Dashe Cellars "L'Enfant Terrible" Zinfandel (McFadden Farms,
Potter Valley)
My wine, so no guesses. Others were thinking PN, shock reigned when I
said Zinfandel. Very popular , though. Good acidity, bright red fruit
with a healthy dose of spices, lively. Good length, a bit of a flinty
note, fresh. I like this a lot. B+/A-

Fred arrived late, directly from flight from Chicago. He had dropped
off his bottle (a Breton Bourgueil) earlier in week, when Alex went
to get - it was gone. Some detective work discovered that Hilary had
seen it and thought it was Alex's, she said it was quite good.
Fun night with the guys.

*